Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userxxF6Lf6Nro
Astronaut

Note 8 voice texting issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I previously had the Note 5, which was fantastic as far as voice texting. It almost always got it right, and seemed to learn very quickly. It even knew what I was trying to say and could put in a phrase that fit the sentence if I misspelled or it initially heard they're wrong words. This phone does none of that. First of all, with regard to punctuation, it almost always spells it out. Comma becomes Karma Camry etc etc. Period is frequently spelled out . Also when I go to the suggestion bar, the suggestions aren't even remotely the correct words. And when I stop it to think of the right word and then start it again, the word is always capitalized even though it is in the middle of the sentence. Is there anything that I can do to improve this? I don't have this problem with my tablet S2.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userT1jnf7DK3N
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
you have to go to settings and change to Google voice texting. If it's keyboard turns the whole board light blue then it's Bixby. Bixby is awful and when you notice that it is a temporary fixes 2 hit the the microphone part on the text to change the voice to text there will be a little emblem. at the bottom and it will be like the settings button you can push it and it will give you an option for a Samsung board or Google board. you can also look up online and see how to make it permanent I know because when I would be texting my employees using that Bixby not knowing that was the bixby samsung text default . it made me want to.take my phone back.I was so used to my Note 5 that I wasn't paying attention to what was being sent because it understood me so well that I actually sounded like I was totally drunk or on drugs it was totally embarrassing. I learned it today and this whole text response was all done under Google texting and it made no error. it has been so wonderful except for I don't like the phone. The glass breaks easy I didn't even drop my phone and it seem like it lifted it up in the corner and just started busting up little pieces have the same problem with my S6 this class is so horrible on this Note 8 the note it was horrible to begin with nothing special I like way like my Note 5 better. except that one developed a terrible bleed that was creeping up my screen so I had no choice to replace it. then I got ripped off Buy Samsung Rewards for the Samsung pay if you uploaded your receipt of the purchase of your phone before it's such and such a day you would get 40000 bonus points they rejected it each time I sent it even the T-Mobile store sent it's them for me so it wasn't a picture image issue I was just curious if anybody else got their offers that they were promised by Samsung? used to be such a great fan I own every electronic and even my refrigerator and my stove and my microwave as all Samsung nice surround sound all my TV's my tablet's my laptops all turned out to be one disappointing mess the products just aren't what they used to be and they never want to warranty them proven by the Note 7 disaster.
9 REPLIES 9
userT1jnf7DK3N
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
you have to go to settings and change to Google voice texting. If it's keyboard turns the whole board light blue then it's Bixby. Bixby is awful and when you notice that it is a temporary fixes 2 hit the the microphone part on the text to change the voice to text there will be a little emblem. at the bottom and it will be like the settings button you can push it and it will give you an option for a Samsung board or Google board. you can also look up online and see how to make it permanent I know because when I would be texting my employees using that Bixby not knowing that was the bixby samsung text default . it made me want to.take my phone back.I was so used to my Note 5 that I wasn't paying attention to what was being sent because it understood me so well that I actually sounded like I was totally drunk or on drugs it was totally embarrassing. I learned it today and this whole text response was all done under Google texting and it made no error. it has been so wonderful except for I don't like the phone. The glass breaks easy I didn't even drop my phone and it seem like it lifted it up in the corner and just started busting up little pieces have the same problem with my S6 this class is so horrible on this Note 8 the note it was horrible to begin with nothing special I like way like my Note 5 better. except that one developed a terrible bleed that was creeping up my screen so I had no choice to replace it. then I got ripped off Buy Samsung Rewards for the Samsung pay if you uploaded your receipt of the purchase of your phone before it's such and such a day you would get 40000 bonus points they rejected it each time I sent it even the T-Mobile store sent it's them for me so it wasn't a picture image issue I was just curious if anybody else got their offers that they were promised by Samsung? used to be such a great fan I own every electronic and even my refrigerator and my stove and my microwave as all Samsung nice surround sound all my TV's my tablet's my laptops all turned out to be one disappointing mess the products just aren't what they used to be and they never want to warranty them proven by the Note 7 disaster.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Happy here and Bixby has been awesome!
userxxF6Lf6Nro
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I could hug you, Astronaut! I made sure I set it on Google typing (which I thought I had done before, but maybe it resets?) and now it works perfectly. It has been so frustrating, and I had taken it into the Verizon store where one of the people told me that it was a Bixby issue. Tat they are continuing to tweak Bixby to try and fix the glitches that they are aware of. I never even use Bixby, so I wanted my old phone back. But it was part of a package deal that my husband got and we had to turn our old phones back into an outreach program in our area, which I actually really thought was great, aside from the fact that I can't go back to my old phone. But other than this issue, I really like my phone and have no had no other problems with it. Thank you so much for your reply to my post and your lengthy thoughtfulness. I really appreciate it.
userJB9kLhdoUU
Constellation

Re: Note 8 voice texting issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You said everything exactly that I am going through...so frustrated with Samsung products...definitely not what they used to be.

I tried to use your fix but when I go to that Settings button, it is a page that says Samsung Voice Inout, but does not give me an option to change to Google. 

I have even had the phone replaced, but it still spells bad as b e d and it still uses "to" instead of "too"

The stupidest "smart phone" ever !

userGdQ1UMD9KR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In order to make that setting stick and not change back you have to go into the settings/ apps and then go up into the menu on the right and select show system apps. Once you do that scroll down and disabled Samsung keyboard. On the Note 8 there are now two settings for this and you disable them both. What is interesting is that I have been having trouble with Google Voice input for quite some time. Even though it was showing up as Google Voice input. But when I disable these two items my Google Voice accuracy improved dramatically. Back to where it was on my old Note 5. This whole time I thought this was a problem with Google but now I'm wondering if one of those two entries doesn't actually divert Google Voice to the Samsung engine. If I had time I would enable one of those two entries and see if my voice to text gets sloppy again. And then if not I would swap them and see if that causes the problem again. But as of right now with them both disabled my Google voice to text is now finally running properly again.

userb0b5WM227h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was on Verizon chat for over an hour and Samsung chat for over 2 and a 1/2 hours. I don't see how you have March this one as solved. Even as I attempt to  Reply to this, I'm just gonna leave what this stupid thing is hearing on here . It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm had a note 3 for about 8 years. Talk to text is wonderful in it and you can schedule a text message. You can't do that either on this note 9. And Samsung's response to all these issues was it will get better with time period hahahahaha hahahaha. It has only gotten worse each time I've used it. They want you to wait until you can't take it back. A  Whopping 14 days ( I had to correct that even. It heard 418 0MG. How could it even possibly get for 18 out of 14 Hahahaha do you see? The note 9 is so so so so so NOTt worth anywhere near what they're charging.

Options1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly! But I don't even get suggestions. It wouldn't matter; the words typed are not even close to what I said. Then Google will get every word exactly. And Bixby??? OMG. I keep trying to "teach" him, even going in private chat, but it is not working out for me. So much time spent, and at nearly a thousand dollars, I'd like a little bit more tweaking. IS THERE a solution> That's how I found your message--looking for solutions. I hope we find one very soon. I don't text, I speak.. I need this to work!

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxxF6Lf6Nro wrote:
I previously had the Note 5, which was fantastic as far as voice texting. It almost always got it right, and seemed to learn very quickly. It even knew what I was trying to say and could put in a phrase that fit the sentence if I misspelled or it initially heard they're wrong words. This phone does none of that. First of all, with regard to punctuation, it almost always spells it out. Comma becomes Karma Camry etc etc. Period is frequently spelled out . Also when I go to the suggestion bar, the suggestions aren't even remotely the correct words. And when I stop it to think of the right word and then start it again, the word is always capitalized even though it is in the middle of the sentence. Is there anything that I can do to improve this? I don't have this problem with my tablet S2.

bixby can do that and with samsung dictation and samsung keyboard

userdeXyXwEeTV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just turned off "show keyboard" in settings. I have galaxy s8.