cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUIWjvoME8r
Cosmic Ray

Note 8 wireless charging issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Last night while charging my note 8 on the Samsung Quick Wireless Charger, and running an alarm clock Screensaver, the phone was only charged to 80%. I made sure that the phone was pressed hard to the charger as my Note 5 would have issues like this if it wasn't seated correctly on the charger. I don't have a case yet for the Note 8 so that couldn't be a factor. Anyone else notice issues with wireless charging? I did notice that occasionally the phone would flash that wireless charging had paused but then it would resume immediately after. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userS1gWgnbBNs
Asteroid

Re: Note 8 wireless charging issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue if the phone is standing straight up.  However when I put it on its side I never seem to have the problem.

68 REPLIES 68
user4QSHuPFkFQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also have issues with the wireless charging. It's hit or miss when mine does it. I've tried it with the SAMSUNG case and with out. Still pauses charging and charger starts to flash. Tried it on my wife's SAMSUNG wireless charger as we have two in the home, and it still does this. So it can't be the charger.

userUIWjvoME8r
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So far I've only had this happen one night. Hopefully it's not going to be issues like my note 3 was for a long time. Eventually it was a software update that fixed it. Maybe that might be the answer. 

userS1gWgnbBNs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue if the phone is standing straight up.  However when I put it on its side I never seem to have the problem.

userUIWjvoME8r
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll have to try that. Thank you! 

NEUROSHIMA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Before I returned for exchange I tested it on several Samsung wireless charging pads, No charging. Went into AT&T corporate store placed on their charging pads and they exchanged with no problem. PLEASE let it keep working.

T Castle
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay... But I use the always on display to view the time. -Sideways doesn't cut it!

userk1EIaf9rSy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried laying my phone down on the wireless charger and standing it up, some mornings I wake up to <30% battery life (as if it never charged even though I saw the charging indicator when placing it on the pad) and some mornings I wake up to it fully charged. I called Samsung customer service and they want me to mail it in and then wait another 10 business days for a replacement. I really don't want to wait another day because it took a month and a half just to receive it in the mail after purchasing my note 8...

usertvX5ZxgAGe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 8 charges fine out of the flip case (the type that opens with slots for credit card or cash)  but with a flip case (tried 2 .. spigen and Zagg ) it initially charges for a minute or so and drops...  have 2 samsung chargers...  performs same way...

very repeatable...   gave up on wireless charging with a case

userY4ZLLLi36Q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is not cool at all, thought it was only me. Now all of us seem to have the same issue. Samsung wants me to send it in and be without a phone for two weeks. Sent back my note 7, traded in my phone for the promotion, now going to have to send my only phone back with no loaner from Samsung. Samsung should honesty give us the ability or option to get a loaner.