Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BumblebeeTuna66
Constellation

Note8 heating up like Note7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note 8 has been heating up lately. Seems there is no specific reason for this. Seems to have been since Oreo update. 

Samsung rep says it's the Samsung sd card that they sent me. Go figure. Basically, I'm outta luck. 

Anyone else have this issue? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userjGT5yRgrF5
Asteroid

Re: Note8 heating up like Note7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Better be careful mine caught fire it didnt stop it from charging and melted the plug i to the phone etc. Its in repair as we speak but it flashed over heat and never shut off so just be careful as they start to get hot. Mine was getting hot also without charging.

5 REPLIES 5
userjGT5yRgrF5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Better be careful mine caught fire it didnt stop it from charging and melted the plug i to the phone etc. Its in repair as we speak but it flashed over heat and never shut off so just be careful as they start to get hot. Mine was getting hot also without charging.

BumblebeeTuna66
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Obviously Samsung doesn't care about this. Their representative through AT&T basically told me I'm out of luck .

This is my LAST Samsung phone. Period .I've owned no less than 12 Samsung phones and all of the note releases. 

I'm iPhone from now on. Even blackberry has a new phone . Might try it .

userjGT5yRgrF5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They repaired mine within a week but it dosent make me feel that comfortable  still with it doing it once. 

userySbEjOWvtB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm going to be very bold here. I have several friends who all also own the Note 8 and 3 of which let there phones constantly get to 0% battery level, which is not good for a LiPo cell. Never let a LiPo cell drop below 10% as it could cause damage. Hence your overheating issue that you are blaming Samsung for. Now, us who actually take care of our phones never experience this issue. Proof is in the fact of several of my friends Note 8 phones since day one with no issues.

Dont blame others for your ignorance.

userjGT5yRgrF5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just an FYI I actually never had mine down past 20% not alone zero and it melted the dang charger and phone. It has heated up since day one charging but after the Oreo update it seemed to get worse. So they still do heat up even for ones who do take care of their phones.