cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Note8 prevents from charging under pretext of moisture

Despite having a cleaned phone with no moisture or dirt of any kind all across my phone including in the charger as well as USB port, i keep getting below message prompting and preventing in not allowing me to charge the phone further. This is a problem i faced with my earlier Note4 device as well. This looks to me more like a software bug programmed into the device by Samsung in forcing its customers to adopt to new phones. This issue seems ridiculous that it keeps continually occurring in both my old and current Note phones of Samsung.

"Check charger / USB Port Moisture has been detected in your charger / USB Port. Make sure its dry before charging your phone."

How to get over it?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note8 prevents from charging under pretext of moisture

I ran into a similar issue and found that my chargers connector had been damaged and was getting a poor connection. You may want to check your charge cable for damages. I ended up adopting the idea of wireless charging.
Highlighted
Asteroid

1. power off your cell phone.
2. when phone is off push and hold volume down button and power button at the same time. When it powers ON plug your charging cable. This will bypass censor

Highlighted
Constellation

yeah, I have run into this same problem on almost every Samsung phone. I have 2 Samsung s9 plus's an S20 plus and if the battery dies completely, and you plug in the USB cable I get the message that there is water in the port. I'll post a youtube video in the next couple days showing it happening on 3 different devices with different chords and charging blocks.