cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user99DAv4vBmQ
Constellation

Notes App - corrupt files - locked notes

I cannot access any of my locked notes - tells me file is corrupt. I use one locked note regularly because I have all my passwords stored in there. Can someone please help??

10 REPLIES 10
userxxMNwbLla6
Constellation

Re: Notes App - corrupt files - locked notes

Yes!!! Mine just did this too. All my locked notes are now unable to open and say corrupted. I hope someone can help cause I have a lot saved in there.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Were the notes encrypted prior to a recent update?

userXD9enigMCK
Constellation

So I had this same problem. I've had mine password protected for months and never had an issue. Last time I went into It was July 30th tried to go into it today and was told my file was corrupted. @SamsungLarry

userxxMNwbLla6
Constellation

Yes, my device is encrypted  @SamsungLarry  Any way to get them back?

user99DAv4vBmQ
Constellation

I don't believe my notes were encrypted - I didn't do anything to do so. The last update I did was on July 20th and the last time I was able to get into the locked notes was July 27th. Seems as though I'm not getting this info back Smiley Sad

userLfcJaAUUbA
Astronaut

@user99DAv4vBmQ 

I'm in the same boat as everyone else in the thread. Sounds like an update issue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The only way to retrieve the files would be if there is a backup, as this file is now corrupt. I do apologize!

user99DAv4vBmQ
Constellation

Where could these notes possibly be backed up to? And if I switch to the note 10+ will they transfer over as corrupt files?

LuvBug
Constellation

Sorry, but an update is probably not coming. I have the n...

Sorry, but an update is probably not coming. I have the note 9 and the 10 is already out, with 2 more versions of the 10 within the next 3 months.