cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Notification of Deletion of Data in Samsung Cloud

Hi there,

As a lot of other Samsung phone users I have received several emails with the subject: "Notification of Deletion of Data in Samsung Cloud" stating that my data gets deleted since I have not used it for a year:

Hello. This is a message from the Samsung Cloud service.
As per our service's policy, your data in Samsung Cloud will be deleted on 2020-01-19, the day you will have been inactive for more than 12 months. Once deleted, your data cannot be recovered. If you wish to prevent the deletion of your data, please use the Samsung Cloud service again before the scheduled date of deletion. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us through FAQ or 1:1 Enquiry on our Customer Support website.
Thank you again for using the Samsung Cloud service.
This email was written on 2019-12-29.
Please do not reply to this email as this email address is not monitored for responses.

I reached my 15GB but I have deleted a lot of images from the Gallery and so I have been able to upload new images and backing up data this week! I have checked the settings on my phone and it clearly shows that my back up was done in the last 7 days! 

Could someone from Samsung please reply and let me know why I keep getting these emails???

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notification of Deletion of Data in Samsung Cloud

Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060518/ Note: You can also manage your Cloud storage from a web browser. It is recommended to use the Chrome browser on a computer when accessing Samsung Cloud. All data stored in Samsung Cloud will be deleted if it has not been used for more than 12 months. This includes data stored in its respective category, such as contacts, calendar, photos, and more. You will not be able to recover that specific data; however, Samsung will provide an advanced notice prior to deletion.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks Adam, but I don't understand why I keep getting the notification that my Samsung Cloud gets deleted in 2 weeks because I have not used it for a year when at the same time I clearly used it and backed up data???

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you recall if the deletion date is the same on all of the emails? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, it's always the 19th January 2020! Again, I see new photos uploaded on DRIVE and the backup is a few days ago... So how can it say I haven't used my drive for nearly a year? I don't want to lose my photos only because there is a glitch in your system!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

@SamsungAdam

The malfuntion here is that it doesn't stop sending the email. I've received 28 in the last fiscal year for my "one" account..

Precicely how many "noreply/no-action" emails does it take to delete the supposedly offending data on a stale account that hasn't been touched in 5 years?

Please be very specific.

Highlighted
Astronaut

It's because you haven't used Samsung Cloud in a while they might get rid of your data in the cloud. So use it!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userSDkDlbf0PS There are a few things you can check. Is the email you are receiving the notice to the same email account as your Samsung account? Have you actually logged into your cloud account or just performed the backups? 

Highlighted
Constellation

I only have one account anyway, so yes it's always to the same email address!

Yes, I have logged into the Samsung account and even deleted photos to free up some MBs to upload more photos...! So why am I still getting these notification emails?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userSDkDlbf0PS You would need to log directly into the Samsung Cloud instead of Samsung accounts using this link: https://support.samsungcloud.com/#/login Is this the website you are using? If you are still experiencing these symptoms after trying this step reach out to our Samsung Cloud team directly at 1-855-795-0509.