Since i recieved this update to One UI. My phone has been buggy. The screen keeps on blinking when on a call. If i lock the phone whilst on a call in an attempt to switch off the screen, it still comes back on, then off, then on constantly. Also if a call comes in and i press the volume button to mute, it takes atleast 3 seconds before it actually does. Its lagging alot. I would like to have back the drop down menu when i press my volume button. Having to go into the sound settings to readjust is kind of long and annoying.
Hello, Thank you so much for reaching out for assistance.
Have you tried wiping the cache partition of your device?
The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.
Follow these steps below for wiping the cache partition.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what were deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition."