cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Batman8
Pilot

Oreo App Shortcuts - No More "App Info"?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
With the new Android update (8.0/Oreo), the App Shortcuts you get when pressing & holding on an icon now no longer gives you an option for "App Info" like before!! Please tell me how to get this option back!!!! Thank you.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Oreo App Shortcuts - No More "App Info"?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure you can but you can use Bixby. Press and hold in Bixby button and can say commands like this in one phrase..examples..say: clock settings about clock,  or  calander settings about calander, or gallery settings about gallery,  samsung pay settings about samsung pay...etc.  Or you can go the old fashion way too, go to settings, apps, click on app, then find about app. Or, you can open the app, click the 3 dots in upper right, settings, app info..easy way when in app.

4 REPLIES 4

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure you can but you can use Bixby. Press and hold in Bixby button and can say commands like this in one phrase..examples..say: clock settings about clock,  or  calander settings about calander, or gallery settings about gallery,  samsung pay settings about samsung pay...etc.  Or you can go the old fashion way too, go to settings, apps, click on app, then find about app. Or, you can open the app, click the 3 dots in upper right, settings, app info..easy way when in app.

Batman8
Pilot

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks Shawndugout for your reply. I'm familiar with the alternative methods, but I like to function primarily from the home screen. I've read that there's a way to control the info that shows when using App Shortcuts in Oreo, but no one explained how.
decemberrose08
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree, I also prefer to just long press the icon to get to App Info. Additionally, or even alternatively, would like to see a Force Stop option in the icon long press menu. 

userI5ParleEKA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

solved  see this page

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/comments/8apns3/psa_in_oreo_you_can_access_the_app_info_shortcut/

just press recent button then hold the app icon on the left off app you want then you will see app info