cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3b0UBppo06
Asteroid

PIN Won’t Work To Unlock Note 8

God evening. 

I am having trouble unlocking my Note 8 and I was given this forum. I recently added a PIN and facial recognition as a security measure while in the hospital and now it doesn’t work. I am trying everything possible not to have to reset my phone and lose everything. Is there anything you can do to help? Thanks in advance. 

8 REPLIES 8
BlueStorm
Galaxy

What do u mean it doesnt work?

What do u mean it doesnt work?

user3b0UBppo06
Asteroid

Re: What do u mean it doesnt work?

The face recognition option which is the preferred and main option does not populate only the PIN. I entered the PIN and it does not accept it. I know without a doubt I’m entering it correctly. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: PIN Won’t Work To Unlock Note 8

Have you tried logging into findmymobile.samsung.com and remote unlocking it there? 

user3b0UBppo06
Asteroid

Yes I have tried logging into that, however it does not accept the username or password. I only use one email and one password on my Samsung. Neither are being accepted. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Someone might have changed something on your device then. The only way to unlock your device remotely is through find my mobile. there was a faulty update pushed out that locked people out of their phones but you have a note 8 so I believe this is a different issue. Unfortunately there is no way to get inside of your phone unless you factory reset

user3b0UBppo06
Asteroid

Thanks. No one could have gotten into the phone and changed anything because I created it right before I locked and put it in my bag. This is why this makes no sense to me. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

@user3b0UBppo06 

if you know the email you set up your Samsung account you could request a password reset and try to access find my mobile that way

Samsung_Q87N0an
Astronaut

I'm no expert but if it's a Google concern meaning a Goog...

I'm no expert but if it's a Google concern meaning a Google might have your PIN number you might be able to work out a deal with Google the automated Google systems are pretty good now I am very sorry to tell you this but that pin set up is pretty well safe and hard to crack for good reason if anyone has the keys is probably Google