cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CRod0117
Asteroid

Password required before powering off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anybody noticed the missing "enter password" before powering off device security feature missing from the note 8 while it was featured on the s8 and s8 plus? This is a very vital security feature that can aid one in tracking a lost or stolen phone.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fl1
Asteroid

Re: Password required before powering off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When the device is locked (and you are on your lock screen) and you try to turn off the phone, my Sprint Note 8 asks for the password. When you have unlocked the phone and try to turn it off, it will not ask.

21 REPLIES 21
Acacia67
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use my biometrics to log out with. I did notice that you just can't power off like on the Note5. 

CRod0117
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well on my s8+ it asked me to enter password before I powered it off. I was so surprised when it did

userXONIyWhVi8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like this feature as well. My old S7 Edge had this where it needed the pattern to turn it off. Would love to have it back to avoid losing my phone and possibly even find it afterwards. Samsung needs to bring this feature back, or send an update to fix it. Spent to much money for this Note 8 not to have it. May not be as important to most, but im always on the road and I have a better chance at losing it. Which I have in the past. 

x0ninax0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree.. This does suck and these phones are expensive enough wherr it should of been included.. Samsung has all the other irrelevant pre-installed apps when you get it, lets remove that feat and add the lock option for shut down!! 

fl1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this on my Note 8

Vic20
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Are you sure? The only option is to secure start up not when powering off the Note 8. Which is what is being asked.
fl1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When the device is locked (and you are on your lock screen) and you try to turn off the phone, my Sprint Note 8 asks for the password. When you have unlocked the phone and try to turn it off, it will not ask.

Vic20
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah. Yes your are correct. Never noticed as it's always unlocked in my hands when I power off or restart. LOL.

useric2Vu3TyMY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are so true!thanks hahaha!