cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Phone asking for password instead of Biometrics/ I'm locked out now from forgetting pw

This is extremely annoying for me to have both of these features set up who really proves who has the phone. Then the phone restarts because it ran out of power, now asks for password........

dumbest thing they make it to where you use these other methods no wonder I can't remember it!!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Phone asking for password instead of Biometrics/ I'm locked out now from forgetting pw

Hi,

please try this website. You may need your Samsung account info/Google info

https://findmymobile.samsung.com

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Phone asking for password instead of Biometrics/ I'm locked out now from forgetting pw

Thank you but I already have and my device isn't registered. I have an account that shows my devices but they were never like I said. I paid cash in full for my cell, over a thousand dollrs and to have this happen and didn't feel I needed to.

Highlighted
Product Expert

So the account did not back up your information? What do you mean your device isn't registered? You need to sign in to an account either Samsung or Google for it to back up to the device. Let me know if that helps. Thanks!

Also, you need your actual password to get in the phone when turning off the phone and restarting the phone. Was the phone never restarted before?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello, 

If you do not have your device registered on findmymobile.samsung.com the only other way is to get your device unlocked is through a service center. You can go through this link (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/?product=N0002101) to find the nearest service location to you. However, to get it unlocked you would need to show a proof of purchase that shows you are the owner of your device. Be aware that if you go to one of these service locations they would effectively have to wipe your device to be able to unlock. This may not be an issue if you had backed up your phone previous to your situation but I want to let you know beforehand. 

Double check with your nearest service location that they are still open during this pandemic. 

Hope this helped!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Phone asking for password instead of Biometrics/ I'm locked out now from f..

Same thing happened to me it took about 5 minutes to unlock it

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Phone asking for password instead of Biometrics/ I'm locked out now from f..

Dataclear/factory reset.if your data is in the cloud you should be good to go

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hey  @userY1KRts6SGM 

If you have already signed into findmymobile.samsung.com and the tablet isn't registerted to that account, you can try to see if there's a chance you have another Samsung Account. Go to the Account Recovery page and try either one of the provided options to see if another account exists. If not they @PORKENstein88  is right and factory resetting the phone will be your final option. 

Sorry about your problem and hope this helps!