cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glockified2004
Constellation

Phone freezes after charging all night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Note 8 on AT&T and it has been freezing the last couple of nights. I leave it on the charger all night turned on and when I wake up, it's a black screen with a red LED. I have to do a hard reset to wake it up. Plus it doesn't charge my phone completely even though it's plugged in for 6+ hours 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userWjMdmVhb9z
Asteroid

Re: Phone freezes after charging all night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know some users who were having similar problems who use the SwiftKey Keyboard have reported that after uninstalling the keyboard it did not happen again. If this applies to you I would give it a shot! -Kole

10 REPLIES 10
userWjMdmVhb9z
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know some users who were having similar problems who use the SwiftKey Keyboard have reported that after uninstalling the keyboard it did not happen again. If this applies to you I would give it a shot! -Kole

Glockified2004
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I do have SwiftKey keyboard, I will try this fix.
MannyUSA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Glockified2004 wrote:
I do have SwiftKey keyboard, I will try this fix.

Did uninstalling fix the issue? I also have the same problem 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone, I would recommend first making sure that your device is up to date as well as all of your apps in your Google Play and Galaxy App stores. Second, are the charing accessories your using the original Samsung charging accessories?

iluvsporks
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just for for thought, leaving your phone on the charger overnight is murdering your battery. Lithium batteries really dislike that. Ideally you should take it off the charger when it hits say 90% and try not to let it dip down say past 40%. These are not hard numbers just ballparks. 

Armymen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

IlusporksI : this is a myth and totally not true. Lithium battery charge in cycle. There is some video on YouTube that will explain better then me.

I have the same charging overnight / freeze issue with my S8+. I think that is a software issue.

iluvsporks
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would love to see this video if you could provide a link please. I'm always open to learning and new ideas and since this is the first I'm hearing that it's a myth I would like to look into it. Thanks again. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great advice.👍 I never charge overnight. No need to. I put in ultra power saving mode for my alarm and still het text or calls. Then slap it on my fast wireless charger while getting ready for work. Then of course on my wireless charger in my car on way to work. I have never seen or understood the reason to leave on a charger overnight. Regardless of debating if it over charges or not and all that. I just don't see the need to. Heck, you can be at 20 or 30%, in power saving mode overnight, fast charge in morning before work, on way to work, and for many probably at work as well. Last the entire day. Battery does not always need to be at 100%

userq3it0GQfMj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have the same issue, but I only have the Samsung keyboard installed.