cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userbJiuK3YrKA
Asteroid

Pie problems aplenty

Anyone else hate the pie update entirely? Extremely slow ui, like 5-10 seconds to clear notifications, lock or unlock the screen, or load up an app. My always on display is almost never on even though it's set to be on all the time, the brightness changes randomly when it does decide to stay on even though i never use auto brightness and always set it myself. My 3rd party keyboard stopped working so I'm back on the stock Samsung one, which is actually working correctly so far i just don't like the layout as much. I've also still had issues with notification volume auto adjusting, which has been an issue the entire time I've had the phone. I absolutely despise the gallery layout, as well as the lock screen notifications (can i just see my messages, because it worked great before) and my nfc has turned itself on multiple times. I can't believe an update this broken was actually released, considering Samsung could take as much time as they wanted to release the update, and i have no doubt it will be weeks if not months until any of this is actually fixed. I'm not sure i even want another Samsung phone after this, because I've been nothing but disappointed by the performance after this update, it's unacceptable when i paid near $1,000 for this phone and it doesn't even lock correctly
3 REPLIES 3
userbJiuK3YrKA
Asteroid

Re: Pie problems aplenty

Oh, i almost forgot, my fingerprint sensor also only works about half the time now, and that worked perfectly well before the update, just like most things on the phone. So, so far I've experienced nothing improved and most things functioning much worse. Isn't Samsung a few hundred billion dollar company with near unlimited technological resources? Because i sure can't tell

BlackConvoy
Cosmic Ray

Wow, that's pretty sucky. Only issues I've had were random reboots when trying to unlock my Note8 via iris scan. Had to take the nuke and factory reset it...but it certainly fixed the problem!!

As for what I don't like? Two things: one, the clock widget that's been around since the S8 family came along has been taken away. Why that is, I don't think even Samsung knows.

Two, the Device Maintenance/Device Care Edge Panel has been taken away as well. Again, I don't think even Samsung knows why that is...but that one really irks me. Can't speak for anyone else, but I LIKED the ease & convenience of being able to optimize my phone at any given time instead of having to go through the settings menu or go to the home screen and hit the Device Care icon. The Edge Panel version? You didn't really have to interrupt anything you were already doing.

userbJiuK3YrKA
Asteroid

Small update, i thought the volume control issues were fixed, but no. My notification volume (seems to be the only one) drops itself all the way to off many times a day. I'll notice my phone didn't make noise put it about halfway up where my ringtone volume is and an hour or two later it will be silent again