cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userG752ZSKxln
Asteroid

Problems with Samsung Pay shortcuts since Pie/OneUI

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ever since the update to Pie/OneUI, my Samsung Pay shortcuts (gray swipe up bar at bottom of screen and the swipe up on the figerpriint reader) fail to work.  On 4/12/19, I chatted with Samsung support and while the help i received was excellent, I was told that it was my use of Nova Launcher that was causing the problem and that it was an update on their side that had caused the break.  I had used Nova before Pie/OneUI with no Pay trouble.

I contacted  Nova/Tesla Coil and below is their response.  I also verified Apex and Go launchers an they both ahd the same missing Pay functions.  I love Samsung Pay, but not enough to forever forego use of an alternate launcher. After all, that flexibility is why I chose an Android product.

Tesla Coil-->
"It's actually a bug on Samsung's end. We can't control what happens when the app gets killed off by the Recent Apps screen. The only solution, and this needs to be reported directly to Samsung is, you can either reboot the device and launcher Samsung Pay and it will work, or you can go to Phone Settings -> Apps -> Samsung Pay -> Force Close and then launch Samsung Pay and it will show up again.

We've tried pulling the system APK's from the device and there's no way for us to access the app in any way. The APK on their end checks to make sure the Samsung stock launcher is set as the default or the is the active launcher, and if so, then Samsung Pay never gets killed. Unfortunately without access to change anything on our end, we can't do the same. That's a bug they need to fix because that bug isn't present on the same Samsung Pay app version on the S9/S9+. "

Samsung, help.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Problems with Samsung Pay shortcuts since Pie/OneUI

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out directly to our Samsung Pay team at 1-844-726-7297.

2 REPLIES 2
TTPope
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can't help with the Samsung Pay issue, but how did you get the update to Pie/OneUI?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out directly to our Samsung Pay team at 1-844-726-7297.