cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKMzLAGHl9u
Constellation

S pen problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When my note 8 is in its case the s pen functions don't work properly. When I take the case off, everything works again. The manual mentions an issue with sensors being covered, but I've tried uncovering every possible site of a sensor and the problem remains. Any ideas? I particularly want to take notes with the S pen.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: S pen problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

u have the answer already. the case is just not compatible with it. either u use different case or different phone.

i'm guessing ur case has a magnet somewhere and it is interfering the spen.

3 REPLIES 3
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

u have the answer already. the case is just not compatible with it. either u use different case or different phone.

i'm guessing ur case has a magnet somewhere and it is interfering the spen.

userKMzLAGHl9u
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for this. Of course I realise the case isn't compatible, but that doesn't help unless I know why. Your magnet idea seems a good one. The lid of the case does seem to snap to the RH endge of the screen. I'll have to try to find a case with no magnet.

Highlighted
drmusou
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

You may have already found another case without a magnet. I just want to let you know that Galaxy Note8 LED Wallet Cover works fine.

I had the same problem with an inexpensive case/cover with a magnet. Even when the lid was open, it caused dead zones. Since I mainly use s-pen instead of fingers, the s-pen functions are essential to me. I returned the case and bought the Galaxy Note8 LED Wallet Cover. Although it is kinda pricey, it is worth every penny. 

Besides no dead zone, the LED cover works fine. For instance, the LED tells you who is calling, and you do not have to open the lid in order to accept the call or reject the call. You simply swipe on the lid. I do not have to remove this cover for the wireless charger.