cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useraxGHYXiXVn
Constellation

Sad but giving up.

I have been having an issue with my 1.5 year old, direct from Samsung Galaxy Note 8, whereby it shuts itself off at random times, and, while I can turn it back on, it only shuts down again. I must wait 10 minutes or so to try again.

Have followed all help suggestions from Samsung.

Have had Samsung licensed technicians run diagnostics and also wipe/reset the phone.

Have disabled rapid charging.

Have stopped using my Samsung brand wireless charger.

I only use Samsung wall chargers. The issue has occurred during both heavy usage periods, and has also occurred when I was not using the phone at all (only knew it shutdown because my smartwatch notified me of the lost connection). Has occurred with both high (>60%) and low (<20%) battery levels.

I was super excited to get this phone after going through all the Note 7 debacle. I pre-ordered this phone prior to its release. Love the stylus, the screen, the edge menu... But, now shopping reluctantly for a new phone. Won't buy a new one until this Note8 bricks itself, but have to be prepared for when I have no choice. Samsung brand will likely not be on the table as an option, especially not at current prices. (other issues with other Samsung phones unrelated to this current post)

4 REPLIES 4
Le3viathan
Astronaut

Yikes looks like phone is broken. Can't help ya

Yikes looks like phone is broken. Can't help ya

I had this same problem with my S5. Nothing fixed it. You...

I had this same problem with my S5. Nothing fixed it. Your phone might as well be dead now.

Highlighted
bluefire
Halo

Dis you try this? Go to phone app, type *#9900#, go to th...

Dis you try this?

Go to phone app, type *#9900#, go to the bottom and select "batterystats reset".

I will reset the log and start as if it had a new battery

useraxGHYXiXVn
Constellation

Still no change. Still definitely done with samsung. A ph...

Still no change. Still definitely done with samsung. A phone that retailed for nearly $900 should not be irreparable so quickly. It seems the current cell phone economy counts on frequent upgrades and expensive, extended insurance policies.

Everyone else I know with a Note 8 is not using their original phone, having received new phones after damaging theirs and filing a warranty claim.