cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Freefozzy
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would pay anything for a clear Note 8! Make it happen or a series from colored Note diamond, pearl, onxy, emerald you get my point. With gold Samsung print.

PaintingCafe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ai-wearing-yellow-beret.png

I have a Note 4 still because it has an IR blaster which I use daily to control my TV's at home. I need a phone with a stylus as I love to draw and now have a YouTube channel and website at painting.cafe and even developed a drawing app already on the iTunes store and Google Play, just search "Painting Cafe". I hope Samsung does not give the Note 8 a curved edge screen. I enjoy very much the flatness as it's better for drawing. If Samsung ruins the screen and adds the curve like the other phones, I am going to Windows Phones.

PaintingCafe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ai-with-coffee.pngI am patiently waiting the Note 8 but pray it does not have the stupid curve edge. It serves no purpose and you accidentaly activate something without realizing it. Plus, if you drop the phone on it's side, it cracks entire screen. The curve edge is not an enhancement as far as practicality. It's just plain annoying and the tempered glass protectors on these curved edges do not stick well to screen. I know because I work at Verizon Wireless and hear how the shield protector falls off after removing phone from pocket. The whole edge phones has made getting cases to protect actual phone more difficult and serves no additional purpose as far as user experience.

userYTTT4X4XEU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 4 had the remote control. It just went bad and they gave me a note 5. not satisfied with this phone doesn't have sd capacity or the remote control capabilities. Im hoping the note 8 does. If it doesn't im going to apple. 

userf7920v9x12
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phones, and both are excellent. IMHO, this was the last good Galaxy Note model, unless someone in Samsung is paying attention to the forums...

My Note 4's replaceable batteries are replaced from time to time (Amazon is my friend), and I've added 128 GB to each via microSD cards. I've setup and use perhaps 15-20 different IR remote settings, and frequently tie the phones to HDMI / VGA projectors via the MHL connector (AKA micro USB port).  Bluetooth provides connectivity to KBD & Mouse, allowing me to edit documents on the go. 

The only thing I'd do to improve on the Note 4 would be a more power efficient, higher performance ARM CPU, more internal memory, and the ability to access a larger microSD capacity (e.g. 256/512GB).

There's talk about losing the Home button - scrap the talk, keep the Home button. Also, keep the case width the same -it fits current 'phone pockets' just barely, making it ideal for travel. 

Waterproof? I don't care.  Wireless charging? Nice to have, not essential. Higher screen resolution? Honestly, no need, and, it would just add to battery drain. 

What kind of apps do I use? I mostly use office apps, but I'm also heavily into communications related apps.  I have various IM, VOIP, email, networking / IP tools and clients, graphics editors, video players and converters, audio editors, GPS/navigation (both online and offline), emulations apps (yes, even DOS), cryptocurrency related, travel apps, online shopping, banking, and even a couple of games. About the only thing I don't do much with my Note 4's is social networking.

I'm hoping to see a Note 8 with better battery life, faster CPU (scalable cores, depending upon app demand), more internal memory, more expandability (microSD), same physical case width and thickness (could be longer, not important), same Home button & front navigation (including long press, etc), same 3.5mm earphone jack, removable rear cover and user replaceable battery (!!!!!!), and, improved optics/camera (technology moves forward. ...).

Highlighted
user3jJH058Wlj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the note 4 since day 1 just got the 8 plus now I would switch to the note 8 if it has a ir blaster and the internal memory starts off 256g memory with a sd card slot 256g = 1/2 Teribite memery.. also make the screen a full 7 inches... i have big hands so it would fit perfect for me because as of now this phone seems on the small side. Even it cost a bit more its totally would be worth it. Seems my s8 plus is on the thin side so ya make it wider as the length is perfect.. plus making it wider would allow it to be easier to read the news extra

userYTTT4X4XEU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok so i loved my note 4. Now i have the note 5 a bit disappointed. It doesnt have the capability of an sd card and to top it off i cant control any tv device, "that was my favorite thing about my note 4". I want my note 4 back but sprint cant get them anymore wtf. Ive been exited to get the note 8 now but if it doesnt have sd card capability or the remote control features im just gonna switched to apple they dont have it either but at least it doesnt get vituses or have to switch it every 2 years. Ive been a samsung loyal buyer for the last 15 year. please dont make me go to apple. Thank yall. 

ramachinnam
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Note 8 is coming in Q3/ Q4 and It's going be different from Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus for Sure.  As per the latest rumors,  I'm listing down the Note 8 Specifications: 

galaxy-note-8-concept-dbs-768x453Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Concept

• Snapdragon 836 Processor Heart
  • 6/8 GB RAM 
  • 128 GB Internal Storage
  • Dual Camera
  • Android Oreo
  • 4000+ mAh Battery
  • Beautiful Stylus Pen
  • QHD+ Display
  • Upgraded Iris Scanner, Wireless Charging, Water Proofing,  Performance, Battery Backup ane more.

I think this answer would help the people who are searching for the following question - Should I wait for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or Buy Samsung Galaxy S8? 

References:

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8505&idPhone2=8161&idPhone3=8523

http://www.pricejugaad.ae/blog/wait-note-8-get-galaxy-s8-right-away/

useroFXPLORQ4Z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Proved wrong mate as S8 easily gets scratches on the screen..