cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercpkEkDDs39
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With the upcoming release of the Note 8. I hope Samsung hasn't forgotten about the Note 7 buyers.  Since having to turn in two phones it has messed up my contract with my carrier. So instead of getting the Note 8 when every1 else does I have to wait because I upgraded to get the Note 7. Just a thought.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userYcbUH3Qi68
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem but i turned in both phones at the same lication, so i developed a rapore with the manager.  I also sturnly communicated my concern about my ability to upgrade because of this unforseen fiasco and have been reassured that there is a contingency plan for former note 7 owners. 

I'm sure if you diligently express your cconcerns you they will accommodate you. 

View solution in original post

67 REPLIES 67
Samhnn
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They should at least offer to trade in our current phone or 50% off the Note 8. Even if they make us present proof of purchase we can get that information from our carriers because they keep track of our devices. I kept my receipts. 

userpCwXRJH5Rl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung current action on the Trade in value promotions is a LIE!!! How dare you put restrictions on LOYAL CUSTOMERS. Samsung did all of this promoting for Valued Customers and turn around and not follow through, Why am I only able to receive the trade in value for my S7 Edge if I only purchase from Samsung! Ridiculous!!! I didnt purchase my Note 7 from you! SAMSUNG YOU ARE DISBECABLE, NO LOYALTY, FRAUD AND A LIE

#VERYANGERCUSTOMER

Nightflyer2131
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here I have to wait another year tht sucks so bad cause I loved tht note 7 so frackng much I like gs7e but it's not the note 7 I'm  left with over 400$ to pay back if I want to up grade. Tht bites severely I'm not gana do tht bad enough if I do upgrade I have to pay off the balance of the old phone to get the note 8 . I still have to go back to scare one and pay a new contract **bleep** no Sammy has to wave the tht balance with AT&T so I can start a new contract thts the only way !

Redwingsgurl19
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too like everybody else had to turn in my Note 7 when I did I got the Galaxy S7 Edge it's a good phone but I loved the Note 7 never had no problems with it but like everybody else I had to turn it in if you are on the Galaxy forever plan you only have to wait one year to upgrade as if you're on Sprint I don't know about Verizon or other cell phone carriers and October I'm due for my upgrade I can upgrade every year being on the Galaxy forever you might want to check into that

userHNXSc47bgW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally agree, I also had upgraded from the Note4 to the Note7.  Had to turn in both Note7's.  Could not get my Note4 back.  Had to settle for the S7edge instead.  It would be great if Samsung would take into consideration we had to settle for phone we really didn't want and wait a year for the next note to be released.  Note7 buyers should be offered a discount on the Note8 & 1st option to purchase.

Highlighted
MikeMeezy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. I actually upgraded 4 hrs before the recall, and it was supposed to come by mail. I already jad turned in my note4 (that i loved)  and was tild i couldnt get it back or any other phone except s7 or s7 edge.  I actually went and bought a note 8.0 tablet bc i had fallen in love with the s-pen.. 

usercpkEkDDs39
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The S7 was basically a downgrade compared to the Note 7! My fingers are crossed untilll Oct 1st when I am "eligible" to get an upgrade to the Note 8. So I am thinking what's the point of preordering it. SMH they really messed us up. So ill be watching the unpacking event, unboxing videos,  and buying cases until I get the phone in my hands.😐

useri9c4H72Dql
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung...why are you not making this right for your loyal fans??

https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-note-7-buyers-should-get-a-note-8-discount/

onatah
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm with you, Samsung should step up and offer a discount for loyal Note buyers!! They really pit me in a bind & I wasn't even able to get my old Note 5 back after they took it!!