cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samhnn
Halo

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1/2 off the S8? You mean the discount Korean customers got that US customers didn't? 

Laharian
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samhnn

Yes, that is the discount.  Please take the time and sign my petition.  As US customer deserve to be treated equally.  We need to speak up now before it is too late.

Samhnn
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh, that was suppose to be in reply to the samsungmods post regarding that there was indeed 1/2 off the s8 lol. I signed the petition. 

usercpkEkDDs39
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok you all I have found out that Samsung will give previous Note 7 owners $425 off of the Note 8 device. HOWEVER, you would have to turn in a working device and pay the balance thats left on the note 8. How is this helpful? I have to turn in the phone to Sprint in order to get a Note 8 because I still owe a balance on the S7. So once again ill be waiting until October. 

usercpkEkDDs39
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The discount is garbage!

userlWekL9nofj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As a previous Galaxy Note 7 owner I must express my great disappointment in Samsung and Verizon with the current Galaxy Note 8 promotion. We were promised when the Note 7 was recalled that we would be able to bring our current device in and do any even exchange for the Note 8. At present neither Samsung or Verizon are keeping that promise. Why should I have to buy out my current device at approximately $500 when I was perfectly happy with my Note 7. It was not my fault it was recalled and I shouldn't have to pay the difference. I don't care about any free merchandise! I just want my Note back! I can't believe Verizon and Samsung didn't prepare a better rollout for those of us that were victoms of the Note 7 recall! Do the right thing and make good on what we were promised. 

An unhappy customer
D Jackson

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We ALL need to call in write in email in and contact these news feeds saying "Samsung is giving Note 7 owners a BIG discount!" As we know this is totally fulls! Also complain to the federal trade https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/?utm_source=takeaction#&panel1-1 your local news station that has a reporter that works on fraud. This has to be hear clear and loud!!! Every time I see or hear about this "discount" it makes me sick! Like salt poured in my Note 7 wound!

Owner of every single Note on the Sprint network. Upgrading this year to the Note 10+ 512 gb and the Samsung Watch Sprint LTE. Drooling over the Book2 maybe soon!
userRlGY7WAEoe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its not only Verizon, Its AT&T, Sprint, T-mobile as well saying "It's a Samsung deal, its not through

them". I was shown this in writing in store from an AT&T Rep.! Total Bull what Samsung is doing to 

us former Note 7 owners! Shame on you Samsung!

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Laharian

It is against the guidelines because it falls under the "Discussing ways to get around Samsung Policy". @SamsungViv is offline now, but someone will return when the office opens tomorrow. I did clarify this with the Community Manager on an earlier incident. 

If you have any questions, let me or a MOD know. Thanks!

P.S. I know there is one post where Viv let it go, but she strictly said that if it pops up anywhere else, it will be removed.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
Laharian
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Acrillix

I'm not trying to get around the around any policy.  I'm being civil in my request and just want to ask the community for help in this matter to have Samsung hear our voices. Note 7 users are feeling ignored and forgotten.  The majority of us that went through the recall twice now have a device that we are locked into and need to pay it off before obtaining a new device. Do you feel this a fair? After the first recall we put faith in Samsung the device was fixed but it was not and we were compelled again turn in our devices again for something of lesser value.