cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9nqreh2nFd
Constellation

Samsung device notification noises only chime on Bluetooth headset

Hello all,

Noticed for the past few months my phone sometime after one of the security updates stopped giving notifications via sound while a Bluetooth device was connected.

For instance before if I were to receive a text both my phone and headset would give a audible notification. However now my phone is silent but the headset still has audible sound. If Bluetooth is connected to my headset and I'm not wearing it for a moment I will miss the calls due to the phone not ringing. That's costing me money.

I've gone thru all Bluetooth options, sound options, notification options. I've tried 4 different Bluetooth headset from Bose to cheap Chinese brands and 2 different vehicle operating systems( Ford sync and Chevy mylink, factory data reset etc. I've read various Android forums and understand there are allot of users having the same issues.

What can be done to fix this or is an update in the works?

Current phone Samsung note 8 running android 9.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung device notification noises only chime on Bluetooth headset

@user9nqreh2nFd Do the headset's you have tried support a2dp?

Highlighted
userQOTEUbh2OJ
Constellation

I am having the same issue. It happened to my Note 8 after an update and now it is the same on my note 10. I keep my bluetooth head set connected all the time , but do not always have the buds in my ears. When a bluetooth device is connected, no notifications come over the phone. Have hearing difficulties so need the bluetooth headset connected

userFeSD3Tbvr6
Constellation

Same problem here and on my wife's S8. Very annoying! I miss a lot of messages and notifications due to this. Please help Samsung!