Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdngwCpUMj7
Astronaut

Samsung galaxy note 8 charging issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys, 

My name is utsav and currently i am in Sydney Australia. I bought my Samsung galaxy Note 8 and it's not even a year and it started having some charging issues. It's port is not working properly sometimes it's getting charged in faster charging and sometimes it shows that it's cable charging. Sometimes it doesn't get charge at all.

I visited a store to just get it changed without any hassle but they are telling me to change the port and so i have to pay them $250 for changing port. I just can't understand why Samsung do this. While apple just give you a new handset if there's any such kind of problem.  I don't expect any new handset but at least repair it without any cost. It's still in warranty. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung galaxy note 8 charging issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where did you purchase the device?

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where did you purchase the device?

userdngwCpUMj7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
At optus Broadway. Sydney CBD.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for stopping by the US support page! We only support US models here, so to receive assistance with your device, please visit: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  

userSww0HVwENf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me.

3 months ago i started with some charging issues:

1) Fast charge stopped working (it was ennabled).

2) Sometimes the phone detected humidity at the chargin port, but i wasn't near any kind of liquid.

3) The phone can't be charged if it's turned off because the humidity icon always appears and doesn't let the phone to be charged.

My phone still have warranty (been with it one year) so i decided to sent it to a Samsung repair center; after a couple of days i received an email that says that i need to pay $70 USD because the damage is not covered by the warranty (but in the email didn't say what kind of damaged needs to be repaired)

I called to the Customer Care Support because i wanted to know more specific what is the problem.

Turns out my phone has "water damage". I've always take very good care of my phone, never been near a swimming pool, beach, shower, rain or other kind of liquid; the technicians say that it might be some kind of humidity, which is ridicoulus because i live in a very dry area (south texas) and i repeat THE PHONE HAS NEVER BEEN WET OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, the phone is supposed to be water resistant so even if i pull it out in the rain or if it drops in a pool, should be no problem.

It's obvious that the phone has some manufacturing issues and Samsung doesn't want to fix them.

I'll pay the money but just to sell the phone, is a very expensive phone and i don't think it's fair to have to pay for something like this.

Now i'll buy Huawei or Xiaomi.