cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergaKHWDcNUw
Constellation

Re: Screen Sensitivity settings on the Note 8 for gloves?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Most of us don't ride one handed. When we pull over to use navigation, for example, it's more convenient to not have to pull off a leather tight glove to touch the screen. People in cages, more often than not tend to be the ones to use their phone while driving. In my experience in a hands-free state I've been almost run off the road more times than I can count because of some idiot in a car playing with their phone while in motion. Only dumbasses on motorcycles physically handle their phones while riding. Try to see things from the other side. It's more helpful. 

JojoGorgeous03
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why the rude obnoxious response....smh clearly it's for GPS reasons

usernLe2dQPliy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

I just wanted to post what helped me.. I'm also using a tempered glass screen proctector and had an awful touch response. Disabling both the Home-Screen-Button-to-Unlock-Option and setting the speed to fastest under: 

Settings/general management/language and input/pointer speed

both helped a little bit with overall screen responsiveness and typing experience. 

Of course, a big SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG for not providing an option to adjust screen sensitivity that is avaliable in older devices as well as for the S9. I almost couldn't believe that this issue has been around for almost a year and that there has been no patch for this setting from Samsung! The software should match the user's requirements and not tell them how they should use their hardware or wether they need a screen protector or not. 

Community is here to make your products better, you guys should listen and respond!!! 

useruy2wpI2HXj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Settings>Display >Navigation Bar>Buttons ...Adjust the slider bar 

userSgdMQAcsla
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow narrow minded response. Perhaps he is stopped and his hands are cold. Don't assume he is driving at the same time. Phones do feature special settings and there are even special gloves. Consider more than one reason or save your judgements. 

userSgdMQAcsla
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow narrow minded response. Perhaps he is stopped and his hands are cold. Don't assume he is driving at the same time. Phones do feature special settings and there are even special gloves. Consider more than one reason or save your judgements. 

user3JOowwkPVi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great answer smart aleck.

I ride, use a headset inside my helmet that connects to my phone via Bluetooth, gives me phone, FM, passenger and bike to bike communication, etc...

Use my phone in a clear pocket on my tank bag for navigation, and streaming music when I'm not listening to radio.

I ride with pants, jacket, full face helmet, full finger gloves, and appropriate footwear.

@Paul Deemer wrote:

Why are you using your phone on a motorcycle??? Don't think your gonna have much luck using the phone with gloves on. The screen wasn't made for that. Just take your gloves off and don't have a deathwish riding a motorcycle one handed. 

userZRWLwBDqtc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are a moron, question was how to use Note 8 with gloves on, not how to ride a bike. 

Highlighted
Bigbour28
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also curious to find out how to increase the sensitivity. I put a glass screen protector on my note 8 today and find that I have to touch the screen with more pressure to select buttons, etc. It's getting annoying. I'm hoping that if there is a way to increase the touch sensitivity it would help. I did a search in the menu and nothing popped up. Any tips other than taking off the screen protector?

useroqcxqrvbvH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

settings-display-navigation bar-hard press home button

when i turned that off i finally had it where it was not so hard to push to get to everything

View solution in original post