cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Screen Sensitivity settings on the Note 8 for gloves?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just found (after trying 3 others), a protector that works and sensitivity good. Youer galaxy note 8 screen protector, 2 pack £9.99. Just search amazon for screen protector with 5star reviews and this one came up. This was my 4th purchase but so good will order a spare pack.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven’t had a screen protector on a device for a very long time and luckily throughout all of those years, I haven’t had any issues.

Now, I finally have really my first screen protector that I have really owned that I can remember on how it’s working.  It’s a screen protector by Seidio called the Vitreo Glass Screen Protector.  One their site, it’s selling for $24.95.  They were running a promotion that if you bought a case from them you received the screen protector.  So because of all the articles about the more recent phones with GG5 having issues with scratches and micro abrasions, and the fact that they were giving it to me, I figured why not try it.  Personally, I don’t think it’s bad, but I really have nothing to compare to.  I know when I use another friend’s Note 8 I definitely notice the difference.  Recently, I’ve also noticed lint or something that got in between.  While, I would prefer not to have it on, I’m wondering if it is 1 of the better ones.  It does allow me to touch with finger and S Pen.  I wish it was a little smoother (hope that makes sense). Works with the case, but I’m afraid if try to take that piece of lint or whatever it is out, I won’t be able to get it back on.  Has anyone tried this one?  Is it one of the better ones?  Should I look for another like the Whitestone Dome (which is what I heard was the best, but I honestly think it seems ridiculously expensive for a screen protector)?  My mom (who knows some things, probably is a little tech savvy - way more than my dad) throws her phone in her bag and hasn’t had an issue and I enjoy using her screen more.  I’ve owned every Note, but the original and the 5th, and never had a screen protector on anyone, but the 8 for the reasons I mentioned.  I would appreciate any advice as well.  

Oh and another thing that I know that doesn’t belong in here.  Personally I think the original S Note with Action Memo, Photo Note, Easy Chart, Idea Sketch, Scrapbook, etc is completely superior to Samsung Notes.  I really can’t and don’t understand how Samsung doesn’t get this.  I thought they were going to bring it back with the Note 7 in a month and then that battery fiasco happened.  I know there’s a way to bring it back fully in Nougat and almost fully in Oreo (missing Easy Chart), but will they bring it back officially?  Don’t they see how many people want it back?  What made them bring back the SD card - let’s do the same thing!  If they stuck with that and improved from there (which isn’t even necessary - I just think they could really make it ridiculous), but even where it is if they advertised it and explained what it does, I really feel they could hit an absolute grand slam.  I also think they should make it as wide as the Note 4.  

Obviously, I still like the Note line.  I wouldn’t have kept buying it and I definitely wouldn’t have bought the Note 8 (especially after the way Samsung treated us loyal owners) if I didn’t love that S Pen.  I just think Samsung needs to be careful because I really feel they’re not making enough advancements to the Note line as they are the Plus line.  It’s basically would you like a S Pen or not?  There used to be so many more features the Note line had over their other lines.  I hope they start differentiating again.  If not, they may get themselves in trouble (especially if someone else comes out with competition to the S Pen). 

Looking forward to the advice in the screen protectors.  Sorry for the lengthy post.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Omg me too it's so frustrating!!! Please let me know if you found out a solution I know you posted this a whole back.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi! Sorry for going off the topic, but which screen protector glass are you using? Here in India, I am not able to find a decent enough glass for my screen. I am trying for HIMTRAJ, they sent me a local product instead.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have this problem, but without gloves! I'm also using a screen protector.  My note 4 didn't have this problem and i could adjust the touch sensitivity.  As I write this, editing is painful.  Samsung, would you please consider adding the setting to the note 8,  pretty please!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I was glad that my Note finally arriveren today. While setting it  up my first thouht was that i had to press the screen so hard for it to work.So i immediatly start looping for the adjustment to make  the screen more sensitive because the phone was useless when i needed  to press this  hard on the screen.

Could  not find any settings for adjusting the screen sensitivity so i went looking on the web and finally came to this place. Sometimes i have to push a letter ten  times! So typing this message took 15 minuten......

And only to become aware that there is not a way to fix this annoying problem.Paid 1300.00 euro for the phone and a memory card and a case. Tomorrow i will try to get my money back and live on with my Note 4..........

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same problem since putting on the Zagg protector and nothing helped except using the pen everytime I send a message or have to type something in general. All of my other notes had a sensitivity adjustment 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im clumsy bought a thick screen protector but this helped.

General management 

Language and input

Pointer speed

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is pointer speed..  maybe that's my problem and not sennsitivy.