cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Screen Sensitivity settings on the Note 8 for gloves?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since Note 5 there is no Gloves mode support, but with specialized Smartphone gloves Note 5 did register touch input. It was possible to browse Internet, write emails etc. 

Note 3 (and Note 4?) could even register fingers hovering in the air and display tooltips! Even when Gloves mode was disabled. It was a miracle. 

But with Note 8 two different pairs of specialized gloves barely work. I can maybe answer a call and press big buttons. Zoom gestures don't work, typing is lously. Changing sensitivity for the fake navigation bar button does not help.

For every new Note version Samsung just removes features and increases price.

Has anyone tried Nanotips?

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry never tried. I use Bixby when gloves are needed.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same problem. I think I figured out how to fix it. Go into settings, display, navigation bar. Then change the home button sensitivity from medium to light that should fix everything.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only thing that fixes the issue is to remove your screen protector.  

@userS1gWgnbBNs wrote:

How can I activate/change the screen sensitivity setting on the note 8.  My note 4 had a setting for it in the pull down menu but my Note 8 doesn't and won't respond when wearing my motorcycle gloves or any gloves.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried the Navigation Bar and Pointer Speed setting and they don't change anything at all. The touch screen area especially the edges are still very hard to press.

Is removing the screen protector the only solutuion? Seriously Samsung? The reason to not doing any fixes because Note 8 is using Gorilla Glass 5 is plain incompetence, because the glass itself is scratchable even in daily usage (there are another list of users complaints on that). Beside making a software update to increase touch sensitivity is a rather easy workaround. And if Samsung insist in not using screen protector than say it blatantly in the product specification.

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Adjust your home sensitivity setting to one, then put on a wet applied film protector and be much happier😉

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem is the curved screen.  99% of glass protectors only adhere to the borders of the screen causing a trampoline effect on it's surface. Samsung does not rely on revenue from screen protectors, they aren't interested in finding a solution and won't admit this liability with the only premium feature that distinguishes it's top shelf variants. It's sad but after the issues with the 7 they're too scared to admit the fault in this design. My note 4 had a faulty digitizer, note 7 recalled and 7 edge pink lined. My note 8 will be my last.

BTW actual solution to the problem are non glass protectors like TPU etc. I know. Dumb.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. The screen protector made it even worse. It was not working with gloves even without the screen protector. And with the screen protector, I have a hard time typing. Note 4 had an option to increase the sensitivity and even my gear s3 has this option.  pretty disappointed with the downgrade Samsung. I hope you would listen to more than 200 users with the same issue. I have even changed the screen protector to the most expensive one, and guess what? No luck.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I had this very same problem, I have the Note 8 and I also ride an R6. So don't sweat the haters who don't understand what your talking about. So I have tried a couple screen protectors ie; Zagg, Verizon Brand, some off brand from Amazon and none of them actually work correctly. 

I came across this other brand and I 110% recommend it for everyone, sensitivity issues or not! It's called Whitestone Dome glass and it's the real deal. I promise you that you get the protection that we all know our phone needs but it honestly responds to touch like a naked phone would. They're a bit pricey but they've been on sale for a while now and they're actually cheaper than a Zagg now. No knock on Zagg cause for flat phones Zagg is still the way to go. But if you got curves, check out the dome glass, u won't be disappointed.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Some of the newer gloves feature capacitive touch-screen compatible material on the fingertips for this purpose.

@userS1gWgnbBNs wrote:

How can I activate/change the screen sensitivity setting on the note 8.  My note 4 had a setting for it in the pull down menu but my Note 8 doesn't and won't respond when wearing my motorcycle gloves or any gloves.