cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Screen Sensitivity settings on the Note 8 for gloves?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I've had this phone since last November and have had a zagg glass protector on it since day 1. I cracked the protector twice now so I am on my 3rd screen protector. Yay warranty! Never had issues with sensitivity until my most recent replacement. Knowing that I didnt have this issue before I took off the protector again and stuck it back on but by putting pressure in the middle of the phone first then working it out to the edges. It helped a lot with my sensitivity issue. I recommend giving it a shot.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seriously Paul, some people pull over to get better directions and leave their gloves on when using their phone, especially in the North.  Give help,  not criticism.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also very annoyed at the lack of capability to adjust the screen sensitivity.  I paid $1,000 for this phone and it doesn't have an option to adjust screen sensitivity like my old note...ridiculous!  I hope they come out with a fix for this soon!!!  I also ride a Harley and wear riding gloves. I use my phone for GPS and music while riding.  This issue almost makes me reconsider my purchase!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is supposed to be working on a fix for the screen sensitivity issue according to the rep I spoke with. Hopefully, soon! Extremely annoying! Voice your concerns so they will move faster!  I have the Zagg glass screen protector. I have it on my 7 Edge also. It works perfectly on the edge.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Moderator, are you going to say anything? Anyone work at Samsung want to take responsibility? How about some accountability?

Thousands of previous note owners could use their phones with gloves on before because you could adjust the screen sensitivity.

How did Samsung decide it would be a good idea to remove a feature? Does anyone working there even care what the consumers want?

How about the ability to change the channel on my tv? Note 4 did that pretty easy. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I would first like to say Samsung takes responsibility and is very accountable for any issues they have with their device's, that is the reason the devices are constantly evolving. I don't believe that the sensitivity with a glove is the biggest issue to have to be accountable for, you ask if anyone working there even cares about what the consumer wants , they very much do that's why you have all of the features and functions that are on the current device, if they didn't care what customers wanted then it would be the same thing as other phone providers and you'd be getting the same thing every year. I would think that dual cameras and better design would be more important then changing your TV channel. Just my opinion though.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is that seriously how you answer? Let's assume that the guy's not a total idiot since they are able to work a phone. Maybe if you want to be super-judgy you could stick to Twitter instead of wasting forum space?

OP. I'm interested too. I don't text and ride either. I have been all through the forums and am just  Considering gluing some conductive latex to my glove finger tips. 

@Paul Deemer wrote:

Why are you using your phone on a motorcycle??? Don't think your gonna have much luck using the phone with gloves on. The screen wasn't made for that. Just take your gloves off and don't have a deathwish riding a motorcycle one handed. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes Mom!!!    Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Wow, are you serious?
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Most of us don't ride one handed. When we pull over to use navigation, for example, it's more convenient to not have to pull off a leather tight glove to touch the screen. People in cages, more often than not tend to be the ones to use their phone while driving. In my experience in a hands-free state I've been almost run off the road more times than I can count because of some idiot in a car playing with their phone while in motion. Only dumbasses on motorcycles physically handle their phones while riding. Try to see things from the other side. It's more helpful.