cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DUBsays
Astronaut

Re: Screen Sensitivity settings on the Note 8 for gloves?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useroqcxqrvbvH wrote:

settings-display-navigation bar-hard press home button

when i turned that off i finally had it where it was not so hard to push to get to everything

The portion of the phone (under the screen) where the virtual home button appears is pressure sensitive. Since the physical button present on the previous models was removed, this functionality was added to aid in waking the phone or skipping the lock screen by hard/long-pressing or double tapping the home "button" (which is why the options explicitly say "Home Button"). This is particularly helpful when one doesn't utilize the Always On Display,

But the point is, this is a completely different sensor that has nothing to do with the capacitive touch screen panel.

How does changing the pressure sensitivity for one particular function, in one area of the phone, affect the capacitive sensitivity of the entire screen?

This "fix" is nothing of the sort but serves as a fascinating example of the placebo effect and how the mind can fool itself.

Note that some say set it to 5. Others say 1 or off.

userSOnDp5vmyR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm trying this setting and it's working properly. Thanks.....

useroorL4W2NLE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a glass protector on my screen and doing what you suggested made a huge difference. Thank you!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
thank you. it worked.
userCWpAiZLgHl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
thank you
useraF9R0Evftf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The last step not mentioned is to then use the slide bar to change sensitivity.  Or...my choice... use the s pen. I need to feel I have some extra screen protection but it is a big change once you instal one.

Highlighted
Windshadow
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! Solved my issue immediately! I have a Zagg also!

userP884FKEUfM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also put a screen protector on mine and I hate it now. The sensitivity is terrible. I find myself having to tap a button ove and over numberous times before it responds. After speaking to Verizon and Samsung directly, I was informed there is no way to change the sensitivity on this phone. I was also told that the phone has gorilla glass 5 on it which is suppose to be shatter proof and scratch resistant and should not need a screen protector. I am a little leary of this and am afraid to remove mine, but I may have to. I dont think I can live with it like this.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userP884FKEUfM wrote:

I also put a screen protector on mine and I hate it now. The sensitivity is terrible. I find myself having to tap a button ove and over numberous times before it responds. After speaking to Verizon and Samsung directly, I was informed there is no way to change the sensitivity on this phone. I was also told that the phone has gorilla glass 5 on it which is suppose to be shatter proof and scratch resistant and should not need a screen protector. I am a little leary of this and am afraid to remove mine, but I may have to. I dont think I can live with it like this.

Relax! I have the S7 Edge with Gorilla Glass 4 and it's protected by an OtterBox Commuter case. If you have a quality case and don't abuse your phone it will be just fine without a screen protector. My phone has been in and out of my jeans pocket thousands of times and I have no scratches. Just don't put your phone in any pockets with items that would scratch the phone (Keys) or put it screen down on rocks. Gorilla Glass 5 is on the Note 8 which is even better.

When I get my Note 8 I'll take some pictures of my S7 Edge before I mail it off to Samsung. It really is in excellent condition and OtterBox Commuter Series is perfect protection without being bulky like the Defender series.

userpv6ggXHwT9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I disagree with the S7 edge screen.  It is tough but it can and does scratch, that's with it not being overly abused, just every day usage.