cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userS1gWgnbBNs
Asteroid

Screen Sensitivity settings on the Note 8 for gloves?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How can I activate/change the screen sensitivity setting on the note 8.  My note 4 had a setting for it in the pull down menu but my Note 8 doesn't and won't respond when wearing my motorcycle gloves or any gloves.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
useroqcxqrvbvH
Astronaut

Re: Screen Sensitivity settings on the Note 8 for gloves?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

settings-display-navigation bar-hard press home button

when i turned that off i finally had it where it was not so hard to push to get to everything

231 REPLIES 231
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why are you using your phone on a motorcycle??? Don't think your gonna have much luck using the phone with gloves on. The screen wasn't made for that. Just take your gloves off and don't have a deathwish riding a motorcycle one handed. 

userS1gWgnbBNs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the smart answer!  Most people use their phone for GPS on a motorcycle.  Or I could want to use in the winter with gloves on.

My old Note 4 has a setting to change sensitivity settings to be used with gloves.

userPm5xHN5adM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a place to adjust sensitivity.  I saw it the other day but forget where. I'll post when I find it again. 

userI6wnkNUmzx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very nice of you by using "smart answer "..lol

userZsrtP0zXNs
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

FYI, 

That hard press home button setting should not make a difference for whole screen sensitivity. If you have a Zagg glass you got ripped off. Very poor sensitivity. Even without a screen protector I could move around my note 5 faster. Maybe it's this new gorilla glass??!! 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

FYI...I agree according to the literature. However many including myself, have noticed a difference in SOME protectors. I have tested a couple different ones, even though I don't use the so called glass ones any more. Installing them identical, Even off to one side a little or pushed up or down a little. Put it this way, a couple hundred dollars for my own tinkering to be honest with you😉 I can honestly say for whatever the reason or reasons, yes there is a difference. Maybe the way it's embedded, maybe a difference in some of the screens themselves, don't know as I'm still tinkering. I still say that maybe one day we will find out.

userX06vjMB8Pf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As a matter of fact, turning the hard press home button to 1 of 5, the phone's entire screen becomes a little more sensitive. This was hard-coded into the Note 8 and 9. 

WhiskeyTango13
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hahahaha! Best response I've ever read! 

userhRCGFLOLC2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On Note 8:

Settings

Display

Navigation Bar

Hard press sensitivity 1 of 5