cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Screen Sensitivity settings on the Note 8 for gloves?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having the same issue with the same keys, it's so annoying!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You paid $50 for a screen protector? Ever hear of Amazon? They are $7. All screen protectors for this phone are terrible.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I adjusted the hard press home to 1 rather than 3 (default?), the screen reacted to touches better.  Still a bit less sensative than other screens on other phones, but quite a bit better.

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION
yes.,,,Sensativity can be changed by simply using bixby and saying sensativity settings..if you are still having issues after adjustment it could be one or more factor. Type of gloves, type of screen protector, screen protector not on fully. My friends use the fingerless type of gloves when cruising. Hope this helps.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are missing the point. The Note 3 and 4 had screen sensitivity settings that let you use gloves. Not fingerless gloves, real leather motorcycle gloves.  

Where is this setting on the Note 8?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

work like a charm, thank you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I to was having trouble with screen sensitivity on my note 8 with the zagg screen protector turning off the hard press home button helped bunches, thank you so much for the info 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone 

I have been dealing with the same issue switching from Apple iPhone to Samsung note 8  

You need to change the following three settings and you will be all fine. 

1) what the gentlemen suggested above is the first thing. Go to setting->diplay->navigation bar and turn "hard press the home button" off.

2) go to setting->General management-> language and input and set "pointer speed" to ultimate fast.

3) go to setting-> sound and vibration and fine the group "key-tap feedback". There are three options under it. I suggest you turn off all three. They are "keyboard vibration", "keyboard sound", "dialling keypad tones"  

Try your phone now and see if you like it better  

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the answer but, after reading all the comment, I tried all the previously suggested "solutions " ... but I still have problems with my keyboard, mostly for the letters M, L and O !!! The keybord is slow (I experience delays when typing) and I regularly have to stop and press many times on a key to make it work!?! My phone is only 1 week old and I dont use gloves. It slows me down so much that I get frustrated and prefer to use my old Galaxy S5 to type... even for browsing the web! Please SAMSUNG, do something to fix that!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No... It only affects the home button area.