cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7xZSa9JHK8
Constellation

Software Upgrade to Note 8

Anybody having issues with their internet and apps glitching when they updates the latest software ?

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Software Upgrade to Note 8

@user7xZSa9JHK8 Do this issue still appear in safe mode?

angelsmiles74
Constellation

Yes my phone is messed up

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@angelsmiles74 Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? Here are the steps to clearing the cache partition. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight 'wipe cache partition'.
  5. Press Power button to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key until 'yes' is highlighted and press the Power button.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
user4rG8sd2d86
Cosmic Ray

my note 8 is stuck on Android 7.1.1. samsung tells me to go to my carrier and my carrier tells me to go to samsung. talk about getting the run around

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user4rG8sd2d86
Cosmic Ray

DISLIKE......

the update was released last year but my phone doesnt have it.....

Honored Contributor

@user4rG8sd2d86 wrote:

my note 8 is stuck on Android 7.1.1. samsung tells me to go to my carrier and my carrier tells me to go to samsung. talk about getting the run around

Which carrier do you use?

If you have unlocked phone, turn off your device and insert carrier's another sim card(T-Mobile for example) and check for update

userNMlq2ENZVr
Constellation

My phone just started glitching when I'm playing a game. It also minimizes the player when I'm watching youtube or other videos. When I watch movies it glitches and replays the last few seconds and then starts playing normally again randomly. Just now, while typing this out, my keyboard will disappear like I hit the hide arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen.