cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAKNeuAkM2U
Asteroid

Super Frustrated with Chronic Bizarre Issues

Hi All,

I have an SM-N950U on Sprint, running PIE.  Since about mid to late September of 2018 I have been having weird things going on with my phone.  The symptoms include (but are not limited to):

1) SMS - Receipt of texts is intermittent and unreliable.  Some (but not all) I may not get at all, or if I do, it could be hours later.  Sometimes the next day.

2) App Notifications - Are also intermittent and unreliable.  I won't be receiving any.  Then suddenly I'll get a barrage of them all at once.

3) Play Store - Whenever I try to either install a new app or update existing ones, they'll download until they hit 99 or 100%, and then just sit there.  If I close and re-launch Play Store, then the one that's stuck will finish, before the next one hangs.  Then it's rinse and repeat after that.

I've called Sprint tech support multiple times.  I've taken the phone to a Sprint repair center multiple times.  I've followed all their recommendations, every time.  I've done every reset imaginable - e.g. application settings, battery saver, data saver, notifications, network, AND factory reset.  I've removed and re-installed bunches of applications, to see if maybe one of them was causing the issue.  Yet despite all this, the problems persist.  At this point Sprint says there's nothing they can do for me.  They're blaming it on weak signal at my house, because some towers in the area are out of service, while being upgraded to 5G.  BUT I know that's, because 1) the issue started before the tower upgrades, 2) my wife has the exact same phone, and has none of these issues, and 3) the issues happen no mater where I am.

Oh and I forgot to mention that there seems to be a correlation to Bluetooth somehow.  If I turn off Bluetooth, and reboot the phone, then the symptoms seem to go away - until the next time I use Bluetooth - which is often.  Also, the most recent thing done was to replace the SIM card.

Anyway, sorry for the long post.  I'm just about ready to give up on my Note 8, and this is probably going to be my last desprate attempt to get help.  So if anybody has the silver bullet, please let me know.

Regards.

-Mike Z-

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Super Frustrated with Chronic Bizarre Issues

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

userAKNeuAkM2U
Asteroid

Yes.  Multiple times. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please send a private message with the full model code and serial number so I can see what other options may be available. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

userAKNeuAkM2U
Asteroid

Did you receive my PM with the requested information?  If so, was there any revelation? 

user8MULyOaga6
Asteroid

Hi Mike, 

I am experiencing nearly the same issues. Haven't tried the bluetooth thing yet. 

I've been reading pages upon pages of people having the same issues, without any meaningful response from Samsung. I've factory reset 3 times now, the phone starts to work ok, then it all goes downhill. My phone I only got in April, outside of the return policy, unfortunately. I'm so disappointed in Samsung's denial of sooo many people reporting this issue. I waited so long to purchase a new phone, and its turning into a paperweight. 

I hope you have better luck with samsung than I, we troubleshoot a few things, but ultimately they said I had to send it in. Based on others feedback with the same issue, I think this is futile. I'm one step away from ditching android and going iphone. I really don't want to, I loooove android, but this level of frustration is just not worth it. I need a phone that works. Plain and simple. I've been a faithful Samsung person, but I'm on the verge of rethinking that. IF you find anything else out let us know!

user8MULyOaga6
Asteroid

MIKE! I followed another suggestion on another thread, and over 24 hours later, my notifications are still coming in like they should!!!

uninstall the app "google" and then turn off auto-update in the google playstore. Don't update it. 

Hope this helps. So far its been a savior from me throwing my phone out the window!

Highlighted
userAKNeuAkM2U
Asteroid

Interesting.  Have you noticed any loss of functionality, having uninstalled that?  Please keep me posted as to whether or not your luck holds.

userAKNeuAkM2U
Asteroid

Alright, so I (kind of) followed your advice.  I disabled the Google app, and then restarted the phone.  Now it doesn't seem to matter if I have Bluetooth off or on.  Everything seems to be working properly.  What the heck?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userAKNeuAkM2U Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? Here are the steps to do so.  https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28862