cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Drew Soldenski
Asteroid

Terrible/non consistent frame rate on any media played on the device ****UPDATE: FIXED****

JUMP TO SOLUTION

*****UPDATE PLEASE READ!!!! FIXED BY DELETING RANDOM APPS I DIDNT USE AND BY DELETING A THIRD PARTY BIXBY BUTTON REMAPPER APP. I PUT MY PHONE INTO SAFE MODE AND REALIZED IT WAS A DOWNLOADED APP THAT WAS MAKING ALL VIDEOS PLAY CHOPPY. ONCE AGAIN THIS WAS NOT A INTERNET SPEED ISSUE. NOW ALL OF MY VIDEOS/MEDIA I WATCH PLAY PERFECTLY EVERY TIME. BEWARE OF BIXBY REMAPPER APPS. USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK.*****

***THIS IS NOT A INTERNET CONNECTION/SPEED ISSUE. THIS PROBLEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER OR NOT THE PHONE IS CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET OR HOW FAST/SLOW THE CONNECTION IS. THANKS.***

When I play back any form of media (videos I've taken myself, 4K, 1440p, 1080p at 60fps, Netflix, YouTube, etc) the frame rate is choppy and non consistent. The puzzling part is, when I take the same video samples I shot myself and transfer them to my Galaxy S6 edge+, the frame rate is consistent and perfect, for all qualities/frame rates I shoot in. Even when I mirror the video to my Samsung smart TV or my Xbox one, the frame rate is perfect as it should be. I know I'm only one of millions(?) Of your loyal customers that have bought this phone, but it seems like I'm not the only one who has had this issue. On Samsung forums I found two other people with the exact same problem, same phone. I am unsure what is going on, but this is not an isolated incident. It bothers me more than usual because of the premium price tag of this perfect premium device. I let the edge screen bleeding go(I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) even after getting anotjer new note 8 that had the same issue. This is not an internet connection speed issue. this is either a hardware/software issue. On my s6 edge + everything looks and plays perfectly fine, over the same connection, even videos i took myself from my note 8 and played on the s6. The issue is with any form of video media showing up as low/choppy frame rate.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drew Soldenski
Asteroid

Re: Terrible/non consistent frame rate on any media played on the device ****UPDATE: FIXED****

JUMP TO SOLUTION

****UPDATE PLEASE READ!!!! FIXED BY DELETING RANDOM APPS I DIDNT USE AND BY DELETING A THIRD PARTY BIXBY BUTTON REMAPPER APP. I PUT MY PHONE INTO SAFE MODE AND REALIZED IT WAS A DOWNLOADED APP THAT WAS MAKING ALL VIDEOS PLAY CHOPPY. ONCE AGAIN THIS WAS NOT A INTERNET SPEED ISSUE. NOW ALL OF MY VIDEOS/MEDIA I WATCH PLAY PERFECTLY EVERY TIME. BEWARE OF BIXBY REMAPPER APPS. USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK.*****

***THIS IS NOT A INTERNET CONNECTION/SPEED ISSUE. THIS PROBLEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER OR NOT THE PHONE IS CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET OR HOW FAST/SLOW THE CONNECTION IS. THANKS.***

When I play back any form of media (videos I've taken myself, 4K, 1440p, 1080p at 60fps, Netflix, YouTube, etc) the frame rate is choppy and non consistent. The puzzling part is, when I take the same video samples I shot myself and transfer them to my Galaxy S6 edge+, the frame rate is consistent and perfect, for all qualities/frame rates I shoot in. Even when I mirror the video to my Samsung smart TV or my Xbox one, the frame rate is perfect as it should be. I know I'm only one of millions(?) Of your loyal customers that have bought this phone, but it seems like I'm not the only one who has had this issue. On Samsung forums I found two other people with the exact same problem, same phone. I am unsure what is going on, but this is not an isolated incident. It bothers me more than usual because of the premium price tag of this perfect premium device. I let the edge screen bleeding go(I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) even after getting anotjer new note 8 that had the same issue. This is not an internet connection speed issue. this is either a hardware/software issue. On my s6 edge + everything looks and plays perfectly fine, over the same connection, even videos i took myself from my note 8 and played on the s6. The issue is with any form of video media showing up as low/choppy frame rate.

7 REPLIES 7
Vic20
Halo

Re: Terrible/non consistent frame rate on any media played on the device

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can honestly say I have not experienced these issues. I can stream 1080p/1440p without any lag, slow down or dropped frames. I can record and play back fine at the highest resolution offered. The only issue I have is when video stabilization is enabled. That is when I experience an issue with the video pausing and playing when recording.

Another issue i can think that can cause this might be the codecs used and the decoder. Maybe send a sample of the problem video to Samsung to investigate?

Last resort is to factory reset and test it without installing and restoring anything. If running it bare bones and it plays/records fine then either a restore and/or app that you have is causing this issue.  However, if the issue is still present, then one can only suspect it is a hardware issue with the chipset.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not having this problem. Streaming YouTube videos on 2G, 5G, or LTE is fine for me. 

Drew Soldenski
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, this is not a streaming issue. It has nothing to do with the internet connection/cellular data connection. It is an issue with the frame rate. No matter what kind of video I watch, it is constantly laggy and choppy. Whether it's from a video a shot myself, downloaded videos, downloaded Netflix videos, downloaded youtube videos, it doesn't matter. It does not have anything to do with the internet or streaming. I wish it was a streaming problem instead

Vic20
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have no issues with playback of 1080p/1440p videos. Prerecorded or recorded videos all work fine on mine. Did you at least try going into safe mode first to rule out a third party app causing issues. The only real way to rule out if it is a hardware issue or not is to do a factory reset and working with it without apps and restores. Could be a faulty chipset GPU causing it.

Terrible/non consistent frame rate on any media played on the device

JUMP TO SOLUTION
On T-Mobile here. No issues at all😁

Screenshot_20171016-172711.jpgUploaded from community android app.

Drew Soldenski
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Those are good speeds 

Drew Soldenski
Asteroid

Re: Terrible/non consistent frame rate on any media played on the device ****UPDATE: FIXED****

JUMP TO SOLUTION

****UPDATE PLEASE READ!!!! FIXED BY DELETING RANDOM APPS I DIDNT USE AND BY DELETING A THIRD PARTY BIXBY BUTTON REMAPPER APP. I PUT MY PHONE INTO SAFE MODE AND REALIZED IT WAS A DOWNLOADED APP THAT WAS MAKING ALL VIDEOS PLAY CHOPPY. ONCE AGAIN THIS WAS NOT A INTERNET SPEED ISSUE. NOW ALL OF MY VIDEOS/MEDIA I WATCH PLAY PERFECTLY EVERY TIME. BEWARE OF BIXBY REMAPPER APPS. USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK.*****