cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Amanda1488
Astronaut

Text Messages

I have a note8. My daughters have J7 Prime. I have always been able to tell when they read my text with my S7. Now that I have switched, I can not see when it was read and I don't get the option in the top corner to change the setting.

However, this is a unlocked Verizon phone and I have MetroPCS as my service provider. Do I need to flash or root my phone? So when I power it on, I will see MetroPCS instead of Verizon. Ihave done it before with a S8+ from Sprint. It was as easy as putting a MetroPCS sim card in and following the steps. It was also a locked phone. This one being unlocked, I'm not sure what step to take. Nor do I want to spend $ if not need to be done!

Any Ideas, Information or How To Do's is greatt appreciated, helpful and useful!

Thanks In Advance

Amanda

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Text Messages

Have you reached out to your carrier directly for assistance with carrier read confirmations?

Rooting your device will void any warranty on the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Amanda1488
Astronaut

not yet but I will be today or tomorrow

not yet but I will be today or tomorrow

userM8plUic2K2
Constellation

Check for updates. I have the same phone and this feature...

Check for updates. I have the same phone and this feature didnt become available to me until about a month ago.