cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTTIBDqah6s
Constellation

UConnect No Longer Reads Text Messages Since Last Galaxy Update

I have had the same phone for 18 months and the same car for three years, and it has always received text messages via UConnect reading them out loud. (Hands-free state and I sit on the freeway for long periods of time. I bought this specific UConnect system for this very reason.) Since the last update, my car no longer reads messages out loud. It is not the connection -- my car can make/receive calls and send texts via UConnect, but it does not get any notification about text messages. This is a Samsung update issue -- any help or recommendations on a fix? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung_xMxCmpf
Astronaut

Hi! I hope this helps you out, go to the play store and D...

Hi! I hope this helps you out, go to the play store and Download this app "Car Mode" I haven't had any issues since I did. I hope it helps you out with your issue.

userTTIBDqah6s
Constellation

Re: Hi! I hope this helps you out, go to the play store and D...

Thank you! I'll give it a look. I was hoping to make the phone work with the Uconnect system as it did/should, since I specifically purchased this system with the purpose of it handling all of this easily, but until Samsung/UConnect get it together, this may be a good fix. I appreciate the help.

userEzJ7qIlA2l
Astronaut

Did this help you?  I am having the same problem, and no one at Samsung can help.  

@userTTIBDqah6s wrote:

Thank you! I'll give it a look. I was hoping to make the phone work with the Uconnect system as it did/should, since I specifically purchased this system with the purpose of it handling all of this easily, but until Samsung/UConnect get it together, this may be a good fix. I appreciate the help.

After software updates, although rerely, some settings could reset and may need to be re-adjusted again.

useru28hiK72pc
Astronaut

Re: UConnect No Longer Reads Text Messages Since Last Galaxy Update

Same just happened to me after last update. Samsung s8 and Dodge caravan uconnect. I can still make calls and play music.. but it does not notify me when a new text message arrives. Even if I say read messages it only sees the old ones when the phone 1st connects.  I unpaired and repaired.. allow access to contacts and messages... but still no good. 

I feel hands free is a critical feature. Poor q/a Samsung.