cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

UConnect No Longer Reads Text Messages Since Last Galaxy Update

I have had the same phone for 18 months and the same car for three years, and it has always received text messages via UConnect reading them out loud. (Hands-free state and I sit on the freeway for long periods of time. I bought this specific UConnect system for this very reason.) Since the last update, my car no longer reads messages out loud. It is not the connection -- my car can make/receive calls and send texts via UConnect, but it does not get any notification about text messages. This is a Samsung update issue -- any help or recommendations on a fix? Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi! I hope this helps you out, go to the play store and D...

Hi! I hope this helps you out, go to the play store and Download this app "Car Mode" I haven't had any issues since I did. I hope it helps you out with your issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Hi! I hope this helps you out, go to the play store and D...

Thank you! I'll give it a look. I was hoping to make the phone work with the Uconnect system as it did/should, since I specifically purchased this system with the purpose of it handling all of this easily, but until Samsung/UConnect get it together, this may be a good fix. I appreciate the help.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Did this help you?  I am having the same problem, and no one at Samsung can help.  

Highlighted
Supernova

@userTTIBDqah6s wrote:

Thank you! I'll give it a look. I was hoping to make the phone work with the Uconnect system as it did/should, since I specifically purchased this system with the purpose of it handling all of this easily, but until Samsung/UConnect get it together, this may be a good fix. I appreciate the help.

After software updates, although rerely, some settings could reset and may need to be re-adjusted again.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue with my Note 8 and tried the Car Mode app.  It works again now through that app however it will be discontinued on June 1 2020. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: UConnect No Longer Reads Text Messages Since Last Galaxy Update

Same just happened to me after last update. Samsung s8 and Dodge caravan uconnect. I can still make calls and play music.. but it does not notify me when a new text message arrives. Even if I say read messages it only sees the old ones when the phone 1st connects.  I unpaired and repaired.. allow access to contacts and messages... but still no good. 

I feel hands free is a critical feature. Poor q/a Samsung.

Highlighted
Constellation

hi i have a galaxy that is doing the same thing with my uconnect, i just fond out by accident that i get text notificatons and can send and recieve texts via uconnect if i have radio set to "Aux", but then the down side is i cant play the radio or any other music while it set to "aux". if that doesnt matter to you try setting your radio to aux

Highlighted
Constellation

This is happening to me too - According to UConnect my device (Note 8) is not compatible with my vehicle (2019 Cherokee), and when I look at the list of compatible phones it's a bunch of really outdated ones (and mine worked for months until today!). Very confusing.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Have we a solution?  Same issue.  Worked since phone was purchased.  Listed on Town & Country as a compatible phone, was letting me know of text, and asks to read.  Feature completely gone.  Samsung no help.  UConnect device and phone both factory reset to no avail.  I, too, am looking for a fix.  This will likely be my last Samsung phone as I cannot get feature to work, and help has been non-existant.  Since it worked upon purchase, I have a honest expectation for the feature to continue to work through any updates.  Taking features away via an update does not build trust or loyality with your customers.