cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Unlock options and updates

Ok this is a message to Samsung specifically because I think ots important that they hear this. I know that it's already shown that note 8 is not getting any more updates but I'm gonna pead my case anyway. As a die hard fan I've stick by them forever but honestly 2 yrs and now my note 8 is obsolete.  Moreso, the fact that it is  the at and t version so I cant just root it just hurts. I'm just gonna say that not updating your premium hardware will lose you very many customers in the future as Google and apple have well established updates. Please please support your thousand dollar handsets for more than the literal bare minimum so that I can continue to guiltlessly advertise and recommend the brand. Thank you. Hope you see the mister Koh

2 REPLIES 2
Astronaut

Re: Unlock options and updates

I have to say i agree! And I wish more people would speak up about this so that maybe then Samsung would be more inclined to listen! I just got my s20 ultra for 1400. 1600 if you include tax! So to pay 1600 bucks for a phone that i can't get updates on after 2 years is absolute garbage! That is 800 per year. And that's a LOT! I hate ios. But at least the thousand dollar phones are able to be updated for years to come which in the long run increases the value of the iPhone and making it less per year spent!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Unlock options and updates

Exactly man. I used to make fun of apple saying they're cheap for n ou t giving fast chargers in the box etc. But that's 20 bucks this is a 1000 phone that will need to be replaced bcz its outdated. Not fair. It's not just about the note 8, like you said it makes you wonder about future Samsung phones. Like you said with the s10. I was thinking of upgrading to an s 10 or 20 but now I'm thinking the same way you are. Too expensive if I have to upgrade it so soon.