cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCSmbWz3DIi
Asteroid

Re: Unlocked Galaxy Note MMS during call.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please forgive me, I Am no authority on what is or is not missing from unlocked devices. The unlocked version of the Galaxy Note 8 I ordered didn't have the menu selection Verizon told me I needed to send and receive MMS during a call. I would rather have the unlocked version so I will check later for a model number without the 1 and exchange it again. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userCSmbWz3DIi wrote:

Please forgive me, I Am no authority on what is or is not missing from unlocked devices. The unlocked version of the Galaxy Note 8 I ordered didn't have the menu selection Verizon told me I needed to send and receive MMS during a call. I would rather have the unlocked version so I will check later for a model number without the 1 and exchange it again. 

No, forgive me, none of that was meant to be directed at you.  I have been editing once I saw it looked to be "calling you out" personally.

It is the Big Carriers that get under my skin.  None of us are professionals at this stuff, so I do apologize it came off as me "attacking" you.  I will fix up my posts to make that clear.

SM-N950UZKAC
Xfinity Mobile (CCT)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-N950UZKAC
Xfinity Mobile (CCT)
userCSmbWz3DIi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, after ordering and returning 6 Galaxy Note 8's I have landed on an unlocked version directly from Samsung. This model number is the same as the Best Buy unlocked version with the 1 at the end. After turning on HD Voice, switching from Global to LTE/CDMA and rebooting the device I can now download MMS while on a call as well as talk and surf. Please forgive the delay and thank you for all of your help. These are the things you recommended in the beginning so my original device may have worked just fine. I have found videos about an app called Nova Launcher that seem to give the Unlocked Galaxy Note 8 wifi calling and video calling capabilities. Verizon says visual voicemail may be an issue. All in all, I am very pleased to have an Unlocked Galaxy Note 8 with all of the features I use on the Verizon network.

userqAunrRqTC2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my Galaxy note 8 about a month ago from some guy on Facebook. It was brand new, came with original packaging, and I'm on Verizon.  

Model #:  SM-N95OU1

Baseband Ver:  N950U1UEU1AQI5

Kernel:  4.4.21

Friday, Sept. 8 2017.  

Build #:  NMF26X

I don't have any of these issues.

The reason I purchased the unlocked version is because I'm on Verizons old unlimited plan which is essentially GOD MODE on my cell phone!  lol.  I can tether with no issues!