cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ValveDoc
Constellation

Unusable Touch Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, this is weird, if I place my phone on a flat surface " table top " the screen is impossible to work. If I hold the phone it fuctions perfectly. I had the the 6, 7, 8, and now the note 8. All with Zagg screen protectors. My present screen is protected by the new glass Elite which is fantastic. Like I said there are no issues unless the phone is place down on a surface. First noticed this when using the calculater while balancing my check book.

Thanks Vinny 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Unusable Touch Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, thanks for reaching out, Vinny. I hope you are having a great day.

This may have something do with your screen protector impacting your screens ability to detect touch events. Are you able to remove your screen protector?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

2 REPLIES 2
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, thanks for reaching out, Vinny. I hope you are having a great day.

This may have something do with your screen protector impacting your screens ability to detect touch events. Are you able to remove your screen protector?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
ValveDoc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi  thanks for the reply. I can't remove the Screen protecter. It has the new Zagg Glass Curve Elite which is completely glued to the whole surface. The original Zagg Glass worked well until you bumped your phone and then it would fall off. Well anyway I called Samsung Tech Support which remotely accessed my phone and searched for some kind of screen setting. He said it was missing and suggested I perform a factory reset.  I did the procedure and it works somewhat. I can't remember what setting he was searching for, but gave me a case number. I don't think it is the screen protector,  because there are no sensitivity issues with the phone while in my hand. 

Thanks, Vinny