Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gearboy
Constellation

Update ONE UI 2.0

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can't believe that Samsung won't bring the update to the "8 gen" (S8, S8+ and Note 8) Samsung please understand the part that this is not just about the latest products or the most spensives products that you guys have already in the market. Is a out all the people who own your products. There a lot of people who love the devices the they have right now so do i, and not everybody want to make an upgrade in a while so please we've would really loved if you bring the ONE UI 2.0 update to the 8 and 9 genration

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zintain
Constellation

Re: Update ONE UI 2.0

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not so much that they want you to buy a new device and don't want to support the older ones. It's about the specifications of the device and if it will be able to handle it. If the phone doesn't have enough to handle it and if the experience would not be great, then they aren't going to give an update because it would cause the experience to be bad.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MattMaguire
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Get a new phone it's out of warranty anyway. Its 3 years old.

Samsung_zahir
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

He is right allow the update....

Samsung_OSpMjeR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My dad has an S8+ and that thing hates One U.I in the first place, so it isnt like going to 2.0 will do anything more than slow it down. Either way S10 goes for like 300 on Ebay so if you really want 2 U.I then it's not going to cost you an arm and a leg at least 👀

Zintain
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not so much that they want you to buy a new device and don't want to support the older ones. It's about the specifications of the device and if it will be able to handle it. If the phone doesn't have enough to handle it and if the experience would not be great, then they aren't going to give an update because it would cause the experience to be bad.

View solution in original post

BullsFan83
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately Samsung isn't known for long term support like that.

Samsung_5BR30da
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try flashing LineageOS if you want your device updated more