cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J4m3sf
Constellation

Update improved some but made other things much worse.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While I like many of the changes this update has brought, there are a few things that are distinctly worse.

Multi-windiow can no longer flip sides, it's harder to activate and crashes randomly without reason.

Device maintenance on edge panel was all I used edge for and now that's gone.

A couple widgets no longer function properly such as galaxy sensors.

There are several other smaller issues that have come up as well but these are changes that make the experience genuinely worse despite most other changes being good. I hope people able to fix these are made aware and can correct them.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Update improved some but made other things much worse.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userSW5zxYuNU5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They have also REMOVED Pro Mode Video, which I rely on for work. Which was the reason I invested in this phone. I am also  experiencing the glitches and lagging and just found out I'm unable to rename files like I used to. Everything was perfect before, and now I am looking for a new phone that will allow me to work again, since I have yet to hear a solution and date to correct these mistakes. The final suggestion from customer care was to take it to a ubreak/fix store to try a flash reset, but the store said it would only cause more irreversible problems. 

J4m3sf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I still have pro mode in camera on note 8, just swipe through towards left side options until it gets to pro mode

userSW5zxYuNU5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Look again... Pro-Mode is there for still shots, but NOT for Video. They took away Pro-Mode Video. 

@J4m3sf wrote:

I still have pro mode in camera on note 8, just swipe through towards left side options until it gets to pro mode

userKCrPDPW85K
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I lost my GPS capability after the latest update.  Basically no satellites now can be seen and all my navigation tools are not working.

Tried all the basic troubleshooting, short of doing a factory reset.  In other forums, the feedback was that even with factory reset, the issue wasn't resolved.

Nessie
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung takes absolutely no responsibility for the effects of the pie update on their devices. Because of this they are losing loyal customers. but they don't care because they already have our money for the devices and they will make it as difficult as possible for us to attempt to make them honor the warranty.