cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZChGyq4sQl
Asteroid

Updating note 8 firmware in china

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having at &t note 8 nd in china . people are saying you cant update via OTA in china in american version mobiles. So please tell me ways for how to install latest updates.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Updating note 8 firmware in china

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userZChGyq4sQl, it looks like you are running the unlocked model of your device. The most current Baseband version for this device is N950U1UEU1AQI5.

If you are unable to perform updates on your phone with Smart Switch, you will need to reach out to your regional support so that they can help you get access to all the updates necessary.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

17 REPLIES 17
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userZChGyq4sQl

If you aren't too far be hind you can use Samsung Smart Switch, found here, to update your phone. However if your phone is too far out of date, those updates would have to be forced onto your phone by the carrier, which I am sure is not possible in China.

userZChGyq4sQl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How to know that I am far behind or I am not fsr behind my updates. Can you please help me in this?
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZChGyq4sQl

Certainly, could you please share your baseband version, as found in Settings>About Device? Additionally if you install Smart Switch onto your computer, run the program and then connect your phone to the computer the program should recognize your phone automatically. Then if it doesn't prompt you saying that an update is available, it won't be able to update your phone.

userZChGyq4sQl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

N950USQU1AQI9 is my baseband number

My csc code is -XAA

My phone is by at&t but this firmware is totally unlocked so there is nothing of at&t now.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZChGyq4sQl

I can see that you are behind on those updates, likely behind enough that you would not be able to update with Smart Switch. The only way to get that device updated would be to get those updates pushed to you by AT&T. I know that really isn't an option where you are located.

userZChGyq4sQl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Even though my mobile is from AT&T the firmware it is running on is not the AT&T one. It is the unlocked one. I think you would have noticed this by checking baseband version and also my csc code XAA. So i should be far behind or not according to that unlocked firmware schedules right? Please check and reply.

userZChGyq4sQl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I downloaded phone info app and under product code section it shows N950UZKAXAA which is samsung unlocked variant.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userZChGyq4sQl, it looks like you are running the unlocked model of your device. The most current Baseband version for this device is N950U1UEU1AQI5.

If you are unable to perform updates on your phone with Smart Switch, you will need to reach out to your regional support so that they can help you get access to all the updates necessary.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userZChGyq4sQl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I not running unlocked firmware... i am running us cellular firmware with XAA csc files which is for unlocked devices on my AT&t note 8