Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AWOLxADICT
Asteroid

What was the point of pre orders?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey samsung I don't think you know what pre orders mean.

You should offer some other extra incentives for people who pre ordered and didnt recieve their phones yet. This is ridiculous. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbquigley
Constellation

Re: What was the point of pre orders?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

100% agree~!  Their website says 128 GB SD card but everyone is getting 256?  Don't cheapen out on us Samsung especially as I will have to wait over 1 month on preorder.  Why don't you include a DEX unit for my having to wait please!

10 REPLIES 10
userUQQFC5RFJd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Completely agree! They shipped the largest amount of stock to stores like Best Buy in order to get their numbers up! Now, they have no stock for anyone that has already preordered! Offer other incentives or we should cancel! Hello iPhone X!

TheNightman
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm pissed off too! This is ridiculous! SEND MY PHONE ALREADY PLEASE!!!

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Demand outstripped the Supply and they were not expecting 2.5 times the pre-order demand of the Note 7. They sold 395,000 units on the first day alone. Anyway it will probably be October before there are more phones ready to ship. If you can't be patient till then go buy an iPhone X and good luck with Rotten to the Core Apple and it's subpar screen.

SpaceMoose
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The secret to supply and demand is to stop selling once supply runs out. Otherwise you have pissed off customers like the ones we have here, and rightfully so. It's perfectly okay to continue selling once supply runs out if you make it clear that is the case and that you are no longer taking preorders but backorders. Taking backorders and calling it a preorder is not okay.

user8THaf0NnzF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't believe in that BS. They have plenty of stock. All of my local carrier stores and retailers tell me they have abundant supply of Note 8s.

The reason Samsung is putting their preorder customers on the lowest priority is because they know we are loyal fans and really want the phone and the trade-in discounts (especially for previous Note 7 owners) so the chance of us cancelling is low. They rather prioritize their stock to the carriers and retail  so they can sell as much as possible to walk-in customers who are on the fence of whether to go Samsung or Apple before the new Iphone comes out. Samsung is always about maximizing profits with little regards for business ethics and especially not customer service.

I preordered my ATT version on Aug 26 and still nothing. I wonder what kind of official excuse Samsung is going to fabricate up to cover this fiasco if they are even going to bother at all. Most tech/phone review sites are sponsored by Samsung so they are not worried about getting negative press anyways.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user8THaf0NnzF wrote:

Don't believe in that BS. They have plenty of stock. All of my local carrier stores and retailers tell me they have abundant supply of Note 8s.

I believe there is plenty of Carrier Stock. As I have tried Mock Orders for all the carrier phones today and estimated ship date was this week. But if you order an Unlocked Version the estinated Ship Date is week of October 15th. So obviously there is still Carrier Stock but the Unlocked version is Backordered.

Cederroth94
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

agreed,  this is beyond ridiculous  I should have just went to the Verizon store and picked it up. Atleast give us a legitimate estimate of the current status of the phones. not this b.s 

jbquigley
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

100% agree~!  Their website says 128 GB SD card but everyone is getting 256?  Don't cheapen out on us Samsung especially as I will have to wait over 1 month on preorder.  Why don't you include a DEX unit for my having to wait please!

JPatrick
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The point of pre-orders is -

1. Allot an initial number of units to be sold - a number beneficial for the business just in case it won't sell well

2. Close pre-orders once #1 was hit. Open "reservations" or wait-list for those interested. Business would be able to gauge how many more units they need to produce or ship from factories. Remember that this happen WEEKS BEFORE THE GENERAL AVAILABILITY. Actually, in a way, this wouldn't even make sense because most likely, you have a number of units made available on GA so they can allot units from GA to pre-orders. In this way, customers who pre-ordered feels that the company appreciates the early adopters BUT NOOOOOOOO! They didn't!

3. For what it's worth, lying on specifications, untrained personnel, lying on estimates, it's better get your phones elsewhere. Seems like they intentionally misled people on this.