cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Whats the best and fastest way to upgrade my sd card in my note 8

Ive been trying to upgrade to a larger sd card but keep hitting 2 barriers. 1 -when using computer or phone with attached card reader it goes EXTREMELY SLOW! Tried copy and paste folders and tried 'move to' from one card to another...times range from 5hr to more than a day. 2nd issue when trying to copy folders to the larger sd card some on the files wont copy or transfer to new card. Do i need these files or just transfer what goes and work it out what didnt transfer when the new card is finally installed? PLEASE HELP!

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Whats the best and fastest way to upgrade my sd card in my note 8

@shaurysaw85 wrote:

Ive been trying to upgrade to a larger sd card but keep hitting 2 barriers. 1 -when using computer or phone with attached card reader it goes EXTREMELY SLOW! Tried copy and paste folders and tried 'move to' from one card to another...times range from 5hr to more than a day. 

You will find it much faster to

a) Copy files from existing card to computer - then

b) Copy files stored on computer in step a) to new card

2nd issue when trying to copy folders to the larger sd card some on the files wont copy or transfer to new card. Do i need these files or just transfer what goes and work it out what didnt transfer when the new card is finally installed? PLEASE HELP!

The card is going to work but only you know the criticality of the files/folders not transferred. 

Supernova

Re: Whats the best and fastest way to upgrade my sd card in my note 8

try compressing the files before moving and then decompress them once they are over there. Also the resolution of the photos will cause major lag unless it's being moved to the cloud. But even then most cloud services will begin charging past 1 Terr. after December so Full resolution pictures will have to be downgraded eventually anyways.