cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUARVkcjicx
Asteroid

Re: When will Note8 users receive ota Oreo update?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When a person gets a new up to date phone that is high end you would expect timely updates.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What new exciting features are you excited for on Oreo?

Alan G
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

High quality audio codecs and some relief from lag.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, looking at the audio codecs they may or may not benefit you depending on your equipment. Not sure what you mean about lag. Can you please give an example or two? Thanks. You may have an issue of some sort that Oreo may have nothing to do with. Are you having lock ups, freezing, slow transitions between apps or pages, slow on internet or on device navigation or both? Do you only use wifi? Who is your carrier? Are all apps and system updates current? What have you done so far to try and solve the issue? Thanks. This may help us better understand the issue to help. Would hate to see you get the long awaited Oreo update and the issue still exist if it is not Oreo dependent regarding this lag.

Vic20
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmmm... it's always interesting to see people constantly whine about the Oreo updates. Seriously no one has any patience anymore? If you're so impatient go to xda and get it. Samsung has to tweak the OS and test on their side as it is not a barebones OS that is Google. I bought the device more for stability and reliability. If I get an  OS update, that's just icing on a cake for me. It's not a priority nor is it important. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agree😁

Alan G
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lag occurs on web browsing and most apps.  Im on sprint and i do use wifi.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems it may be more carrier and connection related than a device issue. Maybe Oreo will have better support for your wifi. I have seen here at work and away from work some slow down on wifi, Sprint or not. Have you tried not using wifi to see if you get better results? The ones I know saw a dramatic difference, but they are not on unlimited plans. That is the trade off with wifi depending on carrier and times as well. Have you gone into developer options and reduced all animation scales to 0.5 or even o? This may help a bit.

Highlighted
Alan G
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thinking about it, some times sprint network is faster than wifi at work...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yea, as it will be at times at certain areas and certain times. I just seem to mainly see internet browsing and app functions seem to be the biggest part of any slow down on wifi and overall connection. Setting your animation scales less will help a bit. Same result when using Bixby also.