cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fixmypcnow247
Cosmic Ray

Re: When will Note8 users receive ota Oreo update?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You and me may differ on light bleed or refraction physics till the day I die but your right on most your post man. I was cracking up on the note 8 topic my screen cracked by itself people so funny yet sad how they think of things. 

Everinm
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I been waiting for this Oreo Update for Months, I am really considering upgrading to the Pixel 3 XL when it gets available just because of how BAD Samsung is with Software updates!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be more concerned with security updates before and system/features update while it's being refined and implemented. Or, you may get a lot of updates to fix issues like ios has had for about the same length of time. Just saying..

userwFOIjcKY1v
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cortana on my Lumia 1520 Windows Phone running WP8.1 Denim is/was far superior to Bixby on my Note8. Cortana on my Note8 is better than Bixby, but not as awesome as it was on the Lumia 1520.

Highlighted
userndUCLs36Lk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Until you find out just how much of your data is mined using Cortana, and what it sends to Microsoft.  Interesting that they couldn't come up with a better name, than that of a character they had in one of their top selling games....

userwFOIjcKY1v
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@djnovawrote:

@userX1j6wRyTCrwrote:

agree 1000%, slow updates and Bixby have turned me off Samsung forever.

Bixby is one if the things I like about the Note 8.  It actually does things (macros, executes commands).  None of the other devices can actually DO things like Bixby does.

For example, at bedtime, I say goodnight and it:

Turns off my lights in the house, sets DND, sets my wake alarm, sets blue light filter to 'on'.

I can make it do tons of cool stuff just by teaching it some custom commands AND it still does what other services do and looks up stuff for you, translates, etc.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with Bixby so far and where it's going.

Cortana on my Lumia 1520 Windows Phone running WP8.1 Denim is/was far superior to Bixby on my Note8. Cortana on my Note8 is better than Bixby, but not as awesome as it was on the Lumia 1520. Bixby is very slow compared to Cortana.

Harley1998
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Verizon note 8 got Oreo update yesterday

userAalUhTmErN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Next phone will not be a Samsung Google pixel they get there updates

Ksigota
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
There's really not a whole lot different from N to O. Doesn't make sense to complain about it, just get a different phone! This has been the same game Samsung has played since... The beginning.

It seems to me like you bought a phone for hype, but want the hype the Pixel world gives, too. They're two different experiences. Go get a pixel if you want to play with the latest and greatest software.
userE2BH96Qrjj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It has nothing to do with wanting pixel but rather wanting what we are entitled to in the way of updated software. Why do we need to buy a new phone all the right software but company doesn't keep up to date