Got notification of weak charging but it says fast charging?
Using original Samsung USB-C charger.
Everything in background closed (no apps running) and I even ran optimization.
(Side note: automatic updates is disabled yet I'm STILL getting these updates pushed to MY phone anyway!)
Yeah mine is Note 8 and I've been having the weak charging message frequently for the past couple weeks. I've restarted, cleared cache, etc.
I just find it odd that it says weak charging yet it shows its fast charging. Obviously one is wrong.
Hey there @DigiGirlFL,
Try wiping the cache partition on your device. See if that helps.
Follow these steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.
I've been seeing the "weak charging detected" message as well, using my proprietary Samsung charging/sync cable. After most recent update on S8+, unlocked KAXAA version, but on T-Mobile.