cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rtoussel
Halo

Who pushes updates to Factory unlocked Note 8? Samsung or Carrier?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Factory unlocked SM-N950U1 Note8.  Question is, who pushes the updates to these handsets? I'm using Verizon as my carrier at this time so does Verizon push the update or Samsung? Anxiously awaiting Oreo and hoping that since I purchased unlocked from Samsung I'll be one of the first to receive it.. 🤔  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Who pushes updates to Factory unlocked Note 8? Samsung or Carrier?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @Rtoussel

If you keep your phone up to date, those updates will be sent over the air. Technically the updates are sent out by Samsung, but it will still be transmitted over the air on your network connection.

6 REPLIES 6
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @Rtoussel

If you keep your phone up to date, those updates will be sent over the air. Technically the updates are sent out by Samsung, but it will still be transmitted over the air on your network connection.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rtoussel wrote:

I have the Factory unlocked SM-G950U1 Note8.  Question is, who pushes the updates to these handsets? I'm using Verizon as my carrier at this time so does Verizon push the update or Samsung? Anxiously awaiting Oreo and hoping that since I purchased unlocked from Samsung I'll be one of the first to receive it.. 🤔  

directly from samsung. you will get oreo first before carrier device locked and carrier devices. i know it says solved.

Rtoussel
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you.. Can't wait.. 😁 

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION
since the s8 just got halted we might get ours sooner than expected
Rtoussel
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I read that earlier today.. Kinda worried me that it might cause more of a delay... You think it might happen  sooner now? Im so confused... Lol 

Rtoussel
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fingers crossed... 😁