cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_RVlKWh2
Constellation

Why is Note8 not getting Android 10?

Specs can manage the update, lower end phones are getting it. 2 year update policy or whatever should be atleast 3 or 4 considering how much money i spent on this a year in a half ago.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Why is Note8 not getting Android 10?

Hardware does not support, so it isn't happening.

Crazy-IP
Asteroid

It should to be honest no reason why it shouldn't other than that Samsung doesn't what to update the note 8 to Android 10 because if you look at the phones getting the update there's older phones then the note 8 getting it for example the pixel 1 through 4 are getting Android 10

Bennyj504
Cosmic Ray

The Note 8? Isn't that the one with the batteries blowing up? I believe there was a recall in those. If that's the case than of course Samsung wouldn't update that phone

Eduardo24
Cosmic Ray

@Benny 🤦‍♂️ That was the Note7. Not the Note 8.

Samsung_B5sPP6h
Astronaut

I agree, they should change that stupid policy of theirs. The original pixel came out with android 6 and currently has android 10. Some people say that the Note 8 is incapable but I believe it is capable.

Crazy-IP
Asteroid

Also to put salt is the wound the A6 up J6 up and the M10 up are all going to get Android 10 along with other 2017 flagship's out there. Make me wonder why I bought a flagship.