cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSDnVVa6ZtT
Asteroid

Why is my note 8 making a sound like im receiving a notification and i dont receive any?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userSDnVVa6ZtT
Asteroid

Re: Why is my note 8 making a sound like im receiving a notification and i dont receive any?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No I haven't try anything yet...

9 REPLIES 9
userSDnVVa6ZtT
Asteroid

Re: Why is my note 8 making a sound like im receiving a notification and i dont receive any?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All this started since the oreo update...

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userSDnVVa6ZtT. I'm glad you reached out here with your concern.
I certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can the Community have the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier and what you've already tried to fix it? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userSDnVVa6ZtT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

N950ousqu3crc2

Sprint 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that information. Just to be sure I don't repeat things you might have already tried, have you done any troubleshooting to fix this already?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just checking in to see if you still need assistance. Smiley Happy

userSDnVVa6ZtT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No I haven't try anything yet...

Mari_K
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I don't know if you already figured out your problem, but I was having the same problem when I updated to Oreo. I have the Google messenges as my main texting app, but when I got the Oreo update, the setting for notifications from the Samsung messages app was turned on and I was receiving sound notifications without a badge or notification in panel. I turned off notifications for the Samsung messages and then went through my app list and made sure the apps I didn't want notifications for weren't switched to on after update. Some apps we're switched on, so I turned the notifications off for those again, and haven't had any problems since....so I guess it could've been ghost notifications from a different app, but it's fixed for me now.

userSDnVVa6ZtT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which is the samsung message app? 

userSDnVVa6ZtT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which is the samsung message app