cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userr6ohkV5KHL
Constellation

Wireless Charger light blinking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright SO I have the Samsung FAST CHARGE pad.

I was using my father's and I had the same issue, it charges for a short time then the light blinks and charging stops. Thinking his was bad, i bought an identical unit brand new. SAME ISSUE. I am using a fast charging "brick" and a very good micro USB (all are pictured). It is not the micro USB that came with the unit (it got tangled up with all my others, with no specific markings BUT the one I'm using is on the more expensive end and this is its first use AND the blinking light issue happened with the stock cable as well). 

YES, I have NFC turned on on my phone.

I have a somewhat thick otterbox on my phone but I cant imagine it is the cause because is does charge for some time before flashing. Before you suggest this, yes I tried plugging the "brick" directly into the wall instead of the power strip. No luck. 

Hopefully I've covered all the quick fixes. Hope somebody out there can help me. It'd be a shame it this goes to waste. Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated.

PS I am running the latest OS all updates installed. So Android 9something. 15574545236952134286138284942717.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KingBeefVI
Cosmic Ray

Does this happen with the case you mentioned off the phon...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this happen with the case you mentioned off the phone? I had what was likely the same issue with a standard Samsung charging pad. The problem was the cases being used, they were too thick to allow a consistent charge.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Wireless Charger light blinking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What type of device are you using with the fast charger?

KingBeefVI
Cosmic Ray

Does this happen with the case you mentioned off the phon...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this happen with the case you mentioned off the phone? I had what was likely the same issue with a standard Samsung charging pad. The problem was the cases being used, they were too thick to allow a consistent charge.

View solution in original post

userr6ohkV5KHL
Constellation

Re: Does this happen with the case you mentioned off the phon...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. I took the case off and it worked just fine. I was almost positive I had that prior but I didnt apparently. Thanks! @KingBeefVI 

@SamsungAdam Galaxy Note 8 sorry I forgot to mention that. I picked the Note 8 category for the question though didn't I? 🤔

useruFLkHmuZtK
Constellation

Re: Wireless Charger light blinking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem with my brand new wireless charger pictured like yours.  I have an Otterbox cover as well on my S8 plus.  It worked (fully charging) twice then all of the sudden it would stop charging at 28%.   I'd wake in the morning with my phone charged only to 28%....never fully charged.

I tried every suggested fix I could find online, then decided to change the original plug that came with the wireless charger with a samsung spare brick that I had.  I used the same original cord that came with the wireless charger. SEE PHOTO below

It works perfectly now.  It's possible I guess that those folks experiencing problems like this may have faulty originally issued  plugs.  You might want to try as an experiment using the brick that was issued with your phone  instead just to see if things work out.  GOOD LUCK!!

Wireless charger.jpgwith samsung phone charging plug