cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxxF6Lf6Nro
Astronaut

my Note 8 voice texting is terrible!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I previously had the Note 5, which was fantastic as far as voice texting. It almost always got it right, and seemed to learn very quickly. It even knew what I was trying to say and could put in a phrase that fit the sentence if I misspelled or it initially heard they're wrong words. This phone does none of that. First of all, with regard to punctuation, it almost always spells it out. Comma becomes Karma Camry etc etc. Period is frequently spelled out . Also when I go to the suggestion bar, the suggestions aren't even remotely the correct words. And when I stop it to think of the right word and then start it again, the word is always capitalized even though it is in the middle of the sentence. Is there anything that I can do to improve this? I don't have this problem with my tablet S2.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userlUu2QpHjAg
Constellation

Re: my Note 8 voice texting is terrible!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a solution on another blog and it works!!

Follow these steps

Go to Settings
General management
Language and input
On-screen keyboard
+ Manage keyboards
Samsung voice input.. <---- Turn this OFF!

Woot woot.  

22 REPLIES 22
userlUu2QpHjAg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a solution on another blog and it works!!

Follow these steps

Go to Settings
General management
Language and input
On-screen keyboard
+ Manage keyboards
Samsung voice input.. <---- Turn this OFF!

Woot woot.  

user0pEzCfFVce
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my voice texting was TERRIBLE too. I followed the instructions and turned off the Samsung Voice input. It is SLOW... it works great now

userkp03aBREEm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Life saver! Thanks!! Solved the *terrible* issue I was having with Samsung's voice input. It was ridiculous.
userVAc3Sn2oXH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I always set the Google engine as the voice to text engine. And it is still awful. Plus, the input screen doesn't look like a google screen. It is a big blue box instead of white box with a mic. Any other suggestions?
iluvsporks
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really if your typing on a keyboard I can't recommend SwiftKey highly enough. Its predictions are top notch. There isn't an app that even comes close to its accuracy. Seriously not even close. I still try others just to see what's out there and have for years and same result every time. Its great immediately but it learns the more you type and you can almost finish a whole sentence from its predictions alone. Do look through the settings though as a couple of the stock ones are annoying (autocorrect grrrr)

And please please please if your going to use voice for text don't be one of those people that I always see talking into the screen of their phone an inch away lol. There isn't a mic on your screen! Speak(a bit slowly) where the mic is and not an inch away from it. Think how it would sound on a regular stage mic. 

CarlClaySammyBo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Should be noted you are essentially using google speech recognition instead of Samsung.   I'll agree it does work better, just hate to give more to google.

userSyvPTFNUxU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Excellent advice. I took your steps and immediately my voice to text is 100% better. Thank you so much for the Easy instructions.

userJB9kLhdoUU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

FUBULOUS FIX !!!!!   Thank You So Much !!!

userdCz46veSaA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks!!! This fixed my problem with Galaxy Note 9!!