cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cleaner89
Constellation

Re: note 8 not charging or powering on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Funny, I received a replacement Note 5 back in August due to screen issue. The phone they sent me stopped taking a charge just 2 months later. It now only charges via a wireless charger, no cord works. Not sure if related but seems like battery issues are not just Note 7 & 8 specific. 

Highlighted
user4QK4Si2kpV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've had it happen to my note 5 is just stop working and wouldn't charge wouldn't do anything so I bought a new phone. About 3 weeks later I woke up one morning too my alarm going off, the phone was on again.  I couldn't explain or understand why but it still works perfectly
Bevtran
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Has anyone tried charging on a Wireless Charging Pad when the cable cord doesn't charge?
userPKuEEzqE7w
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Why is Samsung sleeping on this! Some defective phones have surely reached them much before it broke all over the web. A resolution should have been out by now!
userIcTmHIfkXA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That happened to me, the only way I got my phone to charge was plugging it into car charger..... sounds crazy but it worked!
userS397byDvCe
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine also did this - I got around it by using an older Samsung wireless charger and left it overnight.... all fixed by morning!

RLGreg520
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is exactly what happened wth my samsung S6 awhile back and i was so disappointed with all the support thing so i switched to iphone at that time... i gave samsung another try and got myself  a shiny note 8.. so far so good but if this thing happens to me for the second time then i will get rid of all my samsung echo system.. 

usergP4h8ql63m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to my N8! Smiley Sad My phone went to zero one night, I plugged it in, got a lightening bolt, but not the usual dial. I didn't think much of it, went to do other things, I heard it vibrate/buzz a could of times (thought that's wierd, it's not booted), went to look at it, and it was dead.

Hard reboot, trying to charge for hours, nothing would revive it, it was dead dead. I wound up replacing it under warranty.

The problem with warranty is you get recycled/rebuilt phone. I had to reload all my apps thru the PlayStore because the activation process is flawed. When you get to the step where it reloads your apps, the screen just goes black, and I had to hard reboot. Luckily, I use Nova Launcher and had backed up, and what able to get my apps & screens reorganized quickly Maybe somebody can help me out. The biggest pain with a new phone it all your android settings are gone, trusted places/devices, security settings, VPN, etc. If there's a way to completely image all your settings, I'm not aware of it.  If there's a way to completely backup all your android settings, somebody please let me know.

I never heard of this issue on my old Note 5, so I think this is battery or firmware issue on the N8 specifically.

This is the info on my rebuilt phone, assuming the old one was same:

• Baseband Version - N950USQS2BQL5
  • Model number - SM-N950
  • Carrier - Verizon
Nkeesy76
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem today for the first time , I had 2 note 7s and they were recalled now this ! I'm about to give up! Tonight I come in the room and my note 8 won't do anything ! No lights no power, no charging ! So I put in force reboot mode and it turned on , I have a couple days left before my satisfaction gaurantee is up, but if I have to take this device back to Verizon I won't be getting another Samsung product ! I need to kbow how I can get this issue fixed , cost too much money to have faults in any situation ! 

Nkeesy76
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userorvCpmqL66 wrote:
my wife's note 8 turned off today and won't turn back on. tried the soft reset and safe mode button pushes and it won't turn on. When it's plugged in, the red light doesn't turn on.

I had the same problem today for the first time , I had 2 note 7s and they were recalled now this ! I'm about to give up! Tonight I come in the room and my note 8 won't do anything ! No lights no power, no charging ! So I put in force reboot mode and it turned on , I have a couple days left before my satisfaction gaurantee is up, but if I have to take this device back to Verizon I won't be getting another Samsung product ! I need to kbow how I can get this issue fixed , cost too much money to have faults in any situation !